X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOL. Had to be done.

Comment

• Looks like Morgan signed with the T-Wolves. Hard to imagine him getting into the NBA, but certainly happy for him.

Comment

• UMHoops: ``McGary watched the draft at home in his garage''. LOL/sigh. FUCK YOU NCAA.

Comment

• On a side note, Bielfeldt was listed as a "senior" on the initial roster. Guess that lets us know what we pretty much already knew.

Comment

• I didn't expect him to be asked back for a 5th year.

Comment

• I didn't realize that:

A) DJ Wilson had this good of a handle.

B) That both Scout and Rivals had him in their top 90.

If he can put on even 10 pounds between his Senior year and November, I think he could be a really pleasant surprise for the Wolverines this year.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtxuMNqMWVQ#t=60"]DJ Wilson - Michigan Basketball Freshman Focus - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• I'm counting on him for 12-15mpg for sure. He better be ready. Euro trip is huge.

Comment

• Chatman:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HH3KLGBmYeM"]Kameron Chatman - Michigan Basketball Freshman Focus - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• Michigan just released their roster for the team and D.J. Wilson is listed at 210, which is 10 pounds heavier than what he's listed at on the above video. I'll take that as encouraging.

Chatman is wearing #3, by the way.

Page Not Found (404): It looks like you're lost... The page you are looking for no longer exists.

Comment

• I like Wilson a bit more than his overall rankings.

Comment

• 210 still seems pretty skinny for a tall guy.

We're still going to have to shoot the lights out this year.

Comment

• Without a doubt 210 is skinny for a 6'9" guy. However, if he's already put on 10 pounds since high school, I'm hoping he can put on another 5-10 before the season starts. That would at least get him in Maceo Baston-territory. I expect Donnal and Doyle to be playing Center so Wilson's size should be passable for a stretch 4.

By the way, I walked past Ricky Doyle during the Art Fair yesterday. He looked like a legit (with shoes on) 6'10". I'm 6'3" by those standards.
                          Last edited by *JD*; July 19, 2014, 09:49 AM.

Comment

• I see the line-up like this:

PG Walton
                            SG LeVert
                            SF Irvin
                            PF Chatman
                            C Donnal

Spike backs up Walton and they share the court for probably 5 minutes a game.

Chatman & Wilson may see time at SG. While Zak can shoot, Chatman & Wilson both handle the ball better than Irvin at this point. I guess Dawkins & Abdur-Rahkman are in play here too but I think those guys are 5 mpg-types at this point. If one of them becomes what LeVert was his Freshman year, then this team might be better than expected.

Chatman & Wilson likely also play some SF & Wilson gets some time at PF too.

Doyle backs up Donnal and Max plays if anyone gets in foul trouble. He's listed as a Senior now, by the way, so it doesn't look like he'll get a 5th year in 2015-16.

All in all, I still think this is a Tourney team but anything more than 1 win in the big dance would be overachieving. (Cue hack for his thoughts on the NCAA).
                            Last edited by *JD*; July 19, 2014, 10:01 AM.

Comment

• No way Wilson plays SG and probably not Chatman, but possibly. Both Dawkins and MAAR are 19-20 years old. I'm betting they both play this year, similarly to Levert his freshman year like you said.

Comment

• JD's starting lineup looks perfect...

Chatman & Wilson are both capable of playing both the '4' and '3'... Irvin unfortunately looked like a 3 last year, his ball handling, passing aren't close to where they need to be to be a guard...

They leaves Dawkins, MAAR to backup LeVert both at the 2 and 3; size wise MAAR is mostly a 2 with Dawkins having more size and ability to play the 3. Unlikely one of the two redshirts given their age.

In my analysis, everyone that isn't a PG or C can backup the 3. hack won't like to hear it but if Wilson doesn't look like a capable backup at the 4, we'll see a great deal of the above at the '4' backing up Chatman.

Comment

Working...
                                X