Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The criticism was tepid, but that's better than the slavish devotion of the past. There's movement in the right direction, IMO.

Comment

• Ricky Doyle is out.

Comment

• Great. Where are we gonna find another knuckle-dragging mouth breather that can't make layups??

Comment

• That's no way to talk about the next Frank Kaminsky!

Comment

• The team didn't exactly draw raves WITH him on the roster. Shouldn't be much difference without him.
            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Onward. Let's see if Beilein can actually improve the roster in the next cycle, or maybe even in the next few months. No three-star wings tho.

Comment

• This past summer, the University of Michigan announced that it had reached an agreement with Jordan Brand to become the Wolverines? official athletic footwear, apparel and equipment provider for both the football and basketball programs. So, the question becomes, what will the Wolverines wear? Do they even make Jordan Brand shoes in maize and blue? […]

This is the kind of hype I wish the program was better able to take advantage of in recruiting.

I would go with 12, with 5 for when they wear the throwbacks.

Comment

• Aubrey Dawkins is out.

Comment

• Good luck to him. And let's hope Beilein does something actually useful with the scholarship.

Comment

• Transfer to play for his dad at Central Florida. Sounds like a good move for him -- he needs to play more if he's going get better. http://www.freep.com/story/sports/co...kins/82698934/

Comment

• I had him as a potential breakout player for us heading into next season, one of the few who could actually create his own shot. He couldn't keep a defender in front of him but he was about the only M player who could beat his man to the basket.

Comment

• There was no narrative of improvement. Same player when he arrived as when he left. Michigan may not be the sophomore-leap team anymore, as nobody has made one these past two years, but with Dawkins there weren't really flashes of it.

Comment

• I felt he was a good bet to take that leap, offensively he was pretty close (6.5ppg in just 15 min) he just needs to keep the man he's guarding in front of him and he'd receive a ton more minutes.

Comment

• I saw no arc. Re defense, on the one hand I want to say yes, it's that simple. But on the other, guys with reputations as decent defenders have come here and become absolute turnstiles. Irvin reportedly had massive battles guarding Gary Harris in HS. Caris his whole time here was talked about for his defensive potential. McGary was always out of position. Walton. etc. etc. I don't think the defense can be chalked up to that it happens to be a bunch of guys that just aren't good at that.

Comment

• Caris was M's best defensive player by a good margin, Irvin defended opposing 4's pretty well considering the size disadvantage. Unsure how he'll do if he moves to the #3 spot next season. Walton is who I thought he was, a solid PG with limited upside though he rebounds very well for a guy his size.

Comment

Working...
                                X