Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think those statements are accurate however not a counter to the point I made.

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
      I had him as a potential breakout player for us heading into next season, one of the few who could actually create his own shot. He couldn't keep a defender in front of him but he was about the only M player who could beat his man to the basket.
      Dawkins??? The one thing Dawkins cannot do is create his own shot. Zero ball skills, next to no awareness and always got lost on defense. If his catch and shoot jumper wasn't on, he's worthless.

Comment

• I hope that we back fill him with another 3* wing.

Comment

• So LaVall Jordan is off to U of Milwaukee as HC, and Bacari Alexander may land the U of D job. Beilein has a chance to rescue things. Brian nails it:

We'll see what direction Beilein goes in with the new assistant slots. If I was king of the universe I'd suggest he hires someone who's been around the Wisconsin or Virginia programs to be a de-facto "defensive coordinator" for one of the spots. The other one is like whatever man, but just get some dude who's helped some real good defensive teams and get out of his way.

Comment

• Get someone who can recruit.

Comment

• Best assistants can do both and do it without getting their hands dirty.

Comment

• Who is Jermain Jackson Sr., and is he related to Josh Jackson?

Comment

• Warde Manuel says he's open to discussions regarding how the "fab five" should be recognized at Michigan. Discussions to take place later this year.

Stay up to date with all the College sports news, recruiting, transfers, and more at 247Sports.com

IMO, its time for Michigan to stop punishing itself over the Ed Martin deal. Other programs have had worse scandals in the meantime, and won NC's. Louisville comes to mind. Yet, nobody seems to be demanding that they remove their banner. Including the always hypocritical NCAA.

I'd like to see Webber stand up like a man and admit what he did. Afterward, I'd like to see him and all the "fab five" recognized at Crisler Center during a basketball game next fall/winter. But, that's just me.
                  "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I'm against it. Iif we want to take the high road then we don't get to briefly detour on the low one. I'm all for Harbaugh finding grey zones and exploiting them until they are made black or white, and I wish the basketball program would do the same, but this was clearly egregious. Honestly, I'd rather put up our own '13 banner claiming victory. If anybody complains, especially at Louisville, we can point to the lack Fab Five banners in our arena.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
                      Who is Jermain Jackson Sr., and is he related to Josh Jackson?
                      Played at Detroit Mercy with Bacari. Why? Neither are coming to Michigan.

Comment

• There's something rotten in Denmark. The team has had four transfers this offseason (including spike) and both assistant coaches. and then Spike (like Bielfeldt before him) transfers in the conference. I can only imagine that is partially a pole in the eye to Beilein. I know there's no fire there but it seems like a lot of smoke to me.

The nice part is there are four open schollies and Beilein has three offers out and no coaches to help him recruit. Boo yah!
                        To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Well Chatman and Doyle weren't working out here. And people wonder if Spike is healthy enough to play. Is there a fourth I'm forgetting? As for the assistants, it's time for something new anyways. The program got very stale.

That said, you don't have to convince me there's something wrong with the program. Beilein has a summer to remake things, and that's great. Better he take one more shot at it (and hopefully not be given another if it doesn't work) rather than embracing a very depressing form of stability.

Comment

• Oh yeah -- Dawkins. Went to go play with his dad.

I guess there's kind of a legit excuse for each of these four transfers that do make them understandable, but overall I think it's true that the volume of turnover is indicative. Beilein's must make this right or Manuel's got to move on.

Comment

• Chatman wasn't near as athletic as I thought he was in HS, rated near 5-star status by multiple recruiting services.

Comment

• Hoping Mo Wagner is Mitch McGary v2. I'm really high on Xavier Simpson, hopefully he earns minutes next season and expect him to be a good B1G PG. In '17-'18 the lineup is this:

PG: Xavier Simpson
                                SG: MAAR, Ibi Watson
                                SF: Duncan Robinson
                                PF: Mo Wagner, DJ Wilson
                                C: Donnal, Doyle/Teske/Davis

That is better than I expected, need more athleticism from the wings with the '17 class and a backup point guard. Logjam at PF/C will likely create attrition.

Comment

Working...
                                X