Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

His high school isn't far from me. I went to one of his games to see and he never got off the bench. Can't imagine he'll ever regain that form. Just sad. He's finally taking his official visit this weekend. You would think something would be written about his future.

Comment

He'll almost immediately end up on medical scholarship.

Comment

I hope he gets to suit up for every game.
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Perhaps Beilein can find a fifth-year grad-school player too.

Even with McGary back, there was still room for Horford to start and play big minutes. I'm wondering if it means GR3 is being told he'll still be at the 4 next year if he's back.

Comment

Not many 5th year seniors in basketball as freshman rarely redshirt and the ones who do, usually aren't talented enough for M to bring in.

Comment

Yup. Forget it. Horford's the only one.

Comment

Horford's are incredibly rare in CBB, they are quite rare in CFB.

Comment

Like Chad Lindsey? I don't know -- they seem to pop up here and there, to the extent that it seems foolish not to survey the landscape for what's available.

Comment

Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
                    Not many 5th year seniors in basketball as freshman rarely redshirt and the ones who do, usually aren't talented enough for M to bring in.
                    OSU got a decent one with Anthony Lee. Nothing special, but will contribute. He'd contribute here with Horford leaving.

Comment

Iowa State has done well picking up transfers and 5th years. DeAndre Kane the most recent example.

Comment

That's 2 in the last 2 years for Michigan, as McLimans did the same thing. Of course, I'm not sure he was invited back. I can see the same thing happening for The Beef after next season.

Comment

They need to be accepted academically into UofM into whatever masters program they desire into, that player has to fit & be able to help the team and lastly, said player has to pass the JB character test. If someone is out there, yes, you can try and get him but there aren't many of them and most of them aren't talented enough to help a team like M. That changes if attrition is significant two years in a row.

Comment

If McGary ends up leaving too, then this makes no sense at all. If he and GRIII end up staying, then you can at least argue that Horford will be getting 30 mpg somewhere, but almost certainly not for a team that is going to make any noise in the tourney.

Comment

Rather than get a fifth year senior, I wonder if Beilein will try to poach a MAC or a NW/Penn State caliber commit.

Comment

On the youngster front we've got players ready to step in, with Donnal at the front of that line and hopefully ready to go after a redshirt year in the system. Always a good idea to look out for those LeVert types of overlooked players though.

On the umhoops forum there's a short list of possibilities for transfers. None of them look fantastic, but there are both wings and bigs that look useful off the bench short-term, which is exactly what I'd want. A Horford replacement would be good.

Comment

Working...
                                X