Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bielfeldt is transferring, at least I thought I read that. I don't see him as having a role here as he's not a JB type '4' and imo likely to be bypassed by more talented players.

Comment

• Spike is having hip surgery, after playing the whole season hurt.

John Beilein reported that Spike Albrecht will undergo hip surgery and miss the offseason. The Michigan coach also doesn't expect any additional transfers and shared the latest on Caris LeVert.

Comment

• LeVert announced that he's coming back for his Senior year.

Comment

• Not that I think Levert is actually a first round talent, but I now have very high expectations for next year's team with senior leadership from Spike and Levert, along with the young guys coming along.
          Atlanta, GA

Comment

• NCAA Tourney, here Michigan comes!

Once they are in, anything can happen.
            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• I don't know about that. Purdue made the tourney this year and they put on a shooting display that would make blind people cry.

Comment

• Better follow through on this team's promise, Beilein.

Comment

• Yup. They need to at least be a Sweet Sixteen seed for it to be considered a success next year. It's a "win now" year all the way.
                  Last edited by Hannibal; April 22, 2015, 09:55 AM.

Comment

• I think without Jaylen Brown (and if everyone stays healthy), they'll be a team that should win an NCAA tourney game and can get to the Sweet 16. Probably a 4-6 seed. Anything beyond will be icing on the cake. At least one interior player has to make the leap from occasional to consistent contributor for them to be a top 10 team. With Brown, they should be a top 10 team and a legit Final Four contender.

One thing is for sure, the team looks like they'll have great depth. Coach Beilein may have a tough time allocating minutes but that's a nice problem to have. I don't think he'll have to give 2 walk-ons a lot of court time in 2015-2016 (knocks on wood).

Comment

• 1 seed with Brown, 2-3 without. No excuses. Serious proportion of seniors and juniors now, and the only possible first-year guy in the entire rotation would be Brown. Execution should be excellent. There are four guys who can create for themselves and others off the dribble. Beilein has everything he says he wants. If he can't ride this group to serious, serious success, AND build on it in '16, then I hope Jordan or Bacari, when they take over, will make some defense-oriented changes.
                      Last edited by hack; April 28, 2015, 09:31 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                        1 seed with Brown, 2-3 without. No excuses. Serious proportion of seniors and juniors now, and the only possible first-year guy in the entire rotation would be Brown. Execution should be excellent. There are four guys who can create for themselves and others off the dribble. Beilein has everything he says he wants. If he can't ride this group to serious, serious success, AND build on it in '16, then I hope Jordan or Bacari, when they take over, will make some defense-oriented changes.
                        This X 1000. A four seed should be the floor. It has to be.

Comment

• You're not doing it right though. You're supposed to agree with me only in the context of disagreeing with me.

Comment

• Agree with hack, this should be a top 12 team (3 seed) with everyone returning and actually having a senior starter. They'll struggle against teams with a lot of size as their 8 best players are all 6'7" and under. After Maryland, no team in the B10 looks certainly better.

Comment

• Yea, the size thing will still be an issue... but I'm excited that Michigan gets basically everyone back. With the track record Belein has at developing players during the offseason... I can't wait to see how Walton, Chatman, Doyle, and Dawkins get better... like if at least 2 out of 4 of those players take a 2013 Zak Irvin to 2014 Irvin jump, this team will be great.
                              Add if the fact that LeVert is back... we are assuming Irvin will only get better.
                              Duncan Robinson and Jaylen Brown are X Factors ... if either of those two players or both come in and are really productive... I can see a 2 seed for this team.
                              Michigan basketball players only get better during the offseason with Belein.
                              AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Beilein's made his choices. If size is an issue then it's his fault.

Comment

Working...
                                X