Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's amazing that McGary even considered staying at all facing a long suspension. That tells me that were it not for the pot issue, he would have been back next year for sure. God I wish this fucking shit would happen to somebody else for a fucking change.

Comment

• Yeah, my sarcasm detector turned 60 today, so I posted before I thought ....

But as stupid as the NCAA is, and always will be, McGary should not have put himself in a position to leave himself open to the NCAA's nonsense.

The NCAA never, EVER "takes it easy" on Michigan, or anything requiring "discipline" toward Michigan. The Martin/Webber scandal, .. Jamal Crawford .."practicegate", and now this crap.

Its long past time for this sorry organization to die.
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Common sense would tell you that the NCAA would actually test someone who participated in the game.

Comment

• But he actually traveled with the team. Maybe the NCAA tests all players that are with the team?

Comment

• No, it's totally random. Beilein said they tested everyone prior to the BTT, but when the NCAA does it, it's random.

Comment

• Sam Webb said he had passed his previous 8 random tests since being at Michigan. Also, I heard that if he had come up positive during the B1G season, he probably would've had only a 3 game suspension but since it was during the tourney, the NCAA administers the tests and has their own suspension rules.

Derr...

It's a real shame now that Horford transfered. He would've been a starter and would've played huge minutes.

Time for DJ Wilson and Ricky Doyle to step up. They will both need to be rotation players from the get-go, I think. I still think this can be an NCAA tourney team.

Walton, LeVert & Irvin are all guys that could make the NBA someday and have big game experience. PG-play is most important, I think, and Michigan is in good shape there with Walton & Spike. Hopefully, Chatman is a guy that can score double-figures and get 5-6 boards a game. Hopefully, Donnal can score and rebound a little.

I know there has also been talk of landing a 5th year transfer but I'm not sure if any of them were bigs. It would be nice if there is one out there.

Comment

• No, it's totally random. Beilein said they tested everyone prior to the BTT, but when the NCAA does it, it's random.
                Ok, but he had to be on the traveling roster to travel with the team, so if he was on the roster, he was rolling the dice for the 'random' test.

And my sarcasm toward the word 'random' is directed toward the NCAA, and not you, Mr. Oracle. I think the NCAA will TARGET certain teams and players with their "random" tests. But, that's just me and my tinfoil hat speaking again ...

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                  Ok, but he had to be on the traveling roster to travel with the team, so if he was on the roster, he was rolling the dice for the 'random' test.

And my sarcasm toward the word 'random' is directed toward the NCAA, and not you, Mr. Oracle. I think the NCAA will TARGET certain teams and players with their "random" tests. But, that's just me and my tinfoil hat speaking again ...
                  From what I've read this morning, the NCAA can choose to test someone even if he was back in Ann Arbor.

And stop with the "Mr." please. Thanks. ;-)

Comment

• Well, at least this is encouraging from a height perspective:

Kameron Chatman is Michigan’s highest rated front court player and he measured in at 6-foot-8, 213 pounds at the Jordan Brand Classic.
                    I am guessing the starting line-up will be:

G Walton 6'0"
                    G LeVert 6"6"
                    SF Irvin 6"7"
                    PF Chatman 6'8"
                    C Donnal 6'9"

Nobody is beefy (Donnal was 230 at the start of this past season) but that's pretty good height.

I'm sure they'll all be going to Camp Sanderson this summer.
                    Last edited by *JD*; April 25, 2014, 02:15 PM.

Comment

• 230 isn't small.

Comment

• Comment

• You fail an NCAA administered test, it's a big suspension. Rules are rules, stupid or not. I reckon I've went on a bit about the idiocy of a rule preventing players from selling their own stuff. But rules are rules.

Well, and of course, there is a Worldwide Anti-Michigan Conspiracy that probably runs at least as deep as the White House, NATO, the G7 and any applicable intergalactic rulemaking authority.
                          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• we are definitely cursed. Kentucky gets the Harrison twins back and we lost the key piece for us having a chance to compete for a B1G title.
                            Beilein has proven enough to me, such that I doubt we fall out of the NCAA unless team chemistry falls apart .... but a sweet 16 would be the absolute max for this team.

Comment

• And the NCAA CHANGED the rule to a 1/2 season suspension for first timers AFTER giving McGary a one year ban.
                              2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• I don't think the NCAA has it out for Michigan. That doesn't make any sense to me.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X