Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there any update on Lavert? He was "day to day" a week ago but apparently wasn't close to being ready versus Maryland. Would really like him back for the game against Iowa.

Comment

• Based on what the sideline reporter got out of him before the MD game, and none of it sounds positive. Not very much information in there though.

Comment

• Sit him out for another week then, I guess. We'll lose to Iowa, beat Minny, and go into Lincoln at 4-2, favored in most of our remaining games.

Comment

• That's fine. IMO the Maryland game showed that it's not the lineup that matters but how hard they play.

Comment

• I'd still like to see a little more out of Walton offensively but it's amazing how he is on the glass for his size. A (likely less than) 6'1" guy shouldn't be grabbing 10 boards against a team as big as Maryland.

Comment

• Yeah. I'm almost more impressed by Donnal grabbing nine though. The bigs are supposed to block out but let the PG get the rebound whenever possible, because Beilein has figured out that's a faster way to get the ball upcourt than through an outlet pass, so it's built to inflate the PG's rebounding total and deflate that of the C.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                Anything less than a 4 seed is still somewhat of a disappointment for this season but if they can win one or two games in the tourney, the season is at least salvaged somewhat.

If you factor in not having Spike, Irvin still being hurt/rusty at the start of the year and missing LeVert for a handful of games, they're doing pretty well.

I had hopes of not seeing Dakich in any meaningful minutes at all this year but again the injury-factor has altered the season's outlook.

Beilein has still been able to do more with less overall talent in the past, like the Zack and Stu-era, but it's tough when your best player is out. Those teams still had Manny & DeShawn and later Morris and a strong Freshman year out of TIMMAY. Maybe Dakich will have a couple of David Merrit/CJ Lee moments down the stretch?

Comment

• I'm also wondering if Wagner will work his way back into the line-up. I don't know if there's some injury that we haven't heard about or if it's all due to on-court struggles. I'd still like to see him get some spot minutes over Doyle but I'm guessing that Beilein favors that Doyle still has some strength and ability to hold position on D that Mo doesn't.

Comment

• I'm also really surprised Wagner's faded back into oblivion, but Beilein wants a firm rotation and finally someone grabbed those C minutes. As long as Donnal continues like this you have to imagine he'll get all the minutes he can handle.

Boy do I ever miss Novak.

Comment

• You'd go nuts with a 6'4" guy playing the 4.

However, every team can use a Zack Novak.

Comment

• [ame]https://twitter.com/novak3159/status/687098614091505665[/ame]

Comment

• He's done it's long enough that it appears sustainable, yet they still need more help than him on the boards, in the post.

Comment

• Wilson played sparingly against Maryland but did have 2 blocks. That was encouraging.
                            If one more big pitches in, it would make a huge difference.

Comment

• At this point I want Donnal out there as much as possible. Best rebounder at the position and greatest understanding of what the team wants.

Comment

• Not to mention, he can still be a really good shooter, especially when playing as confident as he is now.

Comment

Working...
                                X