No announcement yet.

Michigan @ Minnesota, Saturday, 10/31, 7pm EDT, ESPN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's 80% Hoke. 20% Harbaugh for getting less out of Rudock than Frerentz could. Rudock has regressed noticeably.

Comment

I would tell him he sucks dick, and isn't good enough to start on many MAC teams, much less the University of Michigan (or in a "normal", pre-Hoke/RR year, anyway...)

Let me know if you can pull some strings next week; thanks :smile:
      Repugnant is the creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.

Comment

Surprised. Given your general outlook I would have guessed you'd think it's 80 trillion percent Hoke, 20 trillion percent Harbaugh, 10 trillion percent the rest of living humanity, and 2 trillion percent all humans dead before the season began.

Comment

Ruddock is Ruddock. I'm not disappointed in his performance. Come on, the team is 5-2 (should be 6-1) and our qb should be exiled to Elba. Cut the boy some slack. He's on our side and is trying as best he can. Criticize Harbaugh instead for keeping Ruddock in if he is indeed the problem.

I'm thinking Ruddock is injured. The long ball has all but been abandoned. Not even token long balls to keep the safeties honest. So Harbaugh is playing the game of move the sticks. Elevated defense and special teams play allow this kind of offense. I think Ruddock doing nothing more than exactly what he's told. It also tells me Morris still doesn't have the command of the offense. 3 years into the program and he can't beat out an injured game manager.
          “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

Rudock isn't ideal but a viable stop gap nonetheless. He should be 6-1 and in the title hunt butfor a freak play with no time left against MSU. Hell, play Utah in game slot #3 or #4 and they likely fall too.

Harbaugh is a Goddamn miracle worker, get better each week, win out, beat Ohio A & M .......get ready for a tile run next season. Tysom Hill as a 5th year grad student, icing!
            "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

It also tells me Morris still doesn't have the command of the offense. 3 years into the program and he can't beat out an injured game manager.
              I'll buy this ^^^

And Prime makes a good point as well about the stop gap for the program. If Rudock enrolls elsewhere, there is no way Michigan is 5-2 at this point of the season. Morris is Gardner Act Deux.
              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Rudock was advertised as a serviceable game manager who wouldn't lose games. He's shown to be considerably less than that to date. When throwing more than 15 yards downfield he's misses his target badly. He's left tons of points on the board that even an average QB should make, it's really sad that he's our best QB 'by a good margin' and nobody like Shane Morris can beat him out...

With better QB play, M beats Utah and Sparty.

Comment

I agree with that. Ruddock is not good. But I'd be willing to bet that if Harbaugh thought another QB on his roster gave them a better chance to win, he'd play him. The fact that he isn't playing someone else speaks volumes.

Comment

Originally posted by hack View Post
                    Surprised. Given your general outlook I would have guessed you'd think it's 80 trillion percent Hoke, 20 trillion percent Harbaugh, 10 trillion percent the rest of living humanity, and 2 trillion percent all humans dead before the season began.
                    Stop blaming me for the truth being what it is. Rudock was better last year than he is now. Do you deny this?

Comment

Rudock's inability to hit a receiver downfield makes M's offense less than the sum of its parts. Opposition have absolutely no fear of the deep ball and are usually cheating at least one safety up in run support and makes the run game perform less than it should. 6 or 7 blocking against 8-9 requires your RB to make someone miss.

Comment

So what, they were out gained by MSU 150 yards on O and for all intent and purpose still beat them. Other than Ohio A&M, Michigan has more talent than any team left on the schedule and should win out and yes an upset on the 28th of November too, 10-2 and a Florida bowl likely. Try to enjoy it, besides Brady is under contract with New England.
                        Last edited by Prime2; October 24, 2015, 09:20 PM.
                        "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

Just going for a little chuckle. Sorry about that.

I don't know -- I didn't watch Iowa last year and stats are stats. Lies, damn lies. Only one part of an intelligent answer.

Comment

He is better than Stephen Threet. Just change your perspective.

Comment

If there's any room for criticism at all, it's for not having a bigger role for Peppers. Rudock is who he is. Jim Harbaugh's the coach. He didn't suddenly get stupid once he landed in Ann Arbor. I'm confident that, though he's human and makes mistakes too, Harbaugh's getting the most he can out of this offense.

Comment

Given M's excellent defense & special teams, Craig Krenzel type should be able to navigate this team to 11-0 before facing the Buckeyes.

Comment

Working...
                                X