No announcement yet.

M @ Minny - In Game, Post Game Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow; gross incompetence by Minny's coach. Will take it, though; f me.
    Repugnant is the creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
      I just can't get over that. Unbelievable. Why not QB sneak with 19 fucking seconds left?
      Yes, exactly. Real-time decisionmaking is hard, but, wow. I think you had to play for overtime, though. Speight.

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
        After 5 blow-out wins, two losses that we played close to 'even', we were due for an ugly win that we didn't deserve.
        Yeah this one might make up for the Charlie Brown punt.

Comment

• Originally posted by JRB View Post
          I think Tracy Claeys probably blew his shot at the Minnesota head coaching job with those last 20 seconds.
          Yeah, that's about it. Times 2- down by 3, playing at home with a shaky backup on the other side seems like a perfect excuse for kicking a chipshot and playing for OT.
          Last edited by Tom W; October 31, 2015, 09:49 PM.

Comment

• Ugly wins count, right Ohio and MSU?

I'll take it.

Good on Speight for that TD drive and the XP. It was the winning margin
            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Well, after watching Bitch Leidner run the read option tonight, I feel modestly better about things going forward.

But, wow, Goofers...such a fucking clownshow. That should have been QB Sneak, Timeout, Pass, FG...worst case scenario.
              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• From the half yard line going for the win is the obvious choice. But it shouldn't have been a choice. Letting the time run off the clock was an epic fuckup.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                  Yes, exactly. Real-time decisionmaking is hard, but, wow. I think you had to play for overtime, though. Speight.
                  With 3 seconds left, playing for OT is a given. You're at home and you've got all the momentum.

The call itself...QB sneak into the teeth of the defense? What is this the ice bowl?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kstat View Post
                    Why not spike the ball with 19 seconds left???
                    Because the review was like a TO. You come out of the review with the sneak the take the last TO.

Comment

• The sneak was the right call with 17 sec. The FG was the call with :02 after you fucked it up.

Comment

• I absolutely would have gone for the win there if I'd been coaching Minnesota. But you've got to get at least two plays there. I understand not wanting to get stuffed on a run and then run out of time, but you've got to get at least two plays there. Hell, you've got a 6-10 TE out there-- throw a quick fade.

That was ridiculous.

Comment

• It looked like they might have tried to get a "Bush Push" on that last one, but Michigan's defenders got underneath them.

Ugly... ugly ... ugly ... but its a "W".

And thank goodness Rudock will be back next week.
                          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Minny blew it. That was Hokish incompetence.
                            I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• You have to take the timeout instead of spiking it. You're not really spiking it with 19 seconds, the earliest they could have snapped it was at 16 seconds. You waste a down and 5 seconds.

Comment

• Man, the Gophers made some good passes / catches to get in position for the win.

Glad to see Speight step up on that last drive. It appears he really is the 2nd best QB, and not just filling in so Morris can get a redshirt.

Comment

Working...
                                X