No announcement yet.

M @ Minny - In Game, Post Game Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Normally it's said you go for the win at home, but in this case you're putting it on Speight, and that's a good decision. Even after the game he still looked scared. Michigan's defense was obviously fairly gassed.

Comment

• Sorry, but you take the points there and go into OT. Had 500 yards up until then. The odds are you would win this game with a tie there. Thank You Minny again.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
        The sneak was the right call with 17 sec. The FG was the call with :02 after you fucked it up.
        Yep.

Minny had the home field, the home crowd, and the momentum. I don't see how Michigan beats them in OT.
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
          From the half yard line going for the win is the obvious choice. But it shouldn't have been a choice. Letting the time run off the clock was an epic fuckup.
          The obvious choice is kick the FG with two seconds left and win the game at home in OT.

The chances of M's back up QB putting another TD drive together, even though it is a short field are pretty slim.
          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Much more likely they intercept Speight. As it stands this might be somethign for him to build on, and I was impressed how he handled the two-point conversion, but he was still out of his element there. No way he handles OT without screwing up.

Comment

• With three secs left you send the game to OT. You've got all the momentum. Minnesota's offense was outplaying Michigan. Michigan was without Rudock.

USE YOUR DAMN TIMEOUT with 19 secs left. Jesus H Christ. You'll have at least two chances at the end zone, possibly three, before you have to settle for a FG. They had obviously already decided that no matter what they were NOT going to go for the field goal, so what are you hanging onto your timeout for?????

Unbelievable. The Minnesota coaching staff just fucked their players over. Hardcore.

Comment

• Looking forward, luckily Michigan plays (awful) Rutgers next week.

Yes, Rutgers won last year. Completely different situation. Some of those reasons include how both teams have different starting QBs. That game was heightened for Rutgers by being a prime time game.

Michigan will win.
                AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Yes, taking the points and tying it was the call there. Make Speight win the game.

Comment

• I will say this, in an attempt to glean something positive from a very shaky performance: Michigan doesn't win that game last year. The first drive of the second half was well-planned and executed, and Michigan didn't panic or turtle with a second-string QB in the game. Speight didn't have to do all that much, but he looked worlds more prepared than Russell Bellomy did in a similar situation three years ago.

Comment

• Still a mind bogglingly bad game by the defense. This team will probably beat Rutgers but Indiana will shred the hell out of them and the shitty offense won't be able to keep up.

Comment

• THE REVIEW WAS THE TIMEOUT. You call the play during the review and if you don't make it in, THEN you use the TO.

Comment

• Just an observation, Leidner had a good game, he could have had an outstanding game if he keeps it on the read option, it was there all game. That needs to be cleaned up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
                            Looking forward, luckily Michigan plays (awful) Rutgers next week.

Yes, Rutgers won last year. Completely different situation. Some of those reasons include how both teams have different starting QBs. That game was heightened for Rutgers by being a prime time game.

Michigan will win.
                            Michigan hasn't earned the right to assume a win against anyone.

They better be ready.
                            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                              With three secs left you send the game to OT.
                              Not from the half yard line you don't. I like my chances with one play there way better than OT.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                                Still a mind bogglingly bad game by the defense. This team will probably beat Rutgers but Indiana will shred the hell out of them and the shitty offense won't be able to keep up.
                                Jeezus christ when are you going to learn one game doesn't transfer to another?

Comment

Working...
                                X