No announcement yet.

M @ Minny - In Game, Post Game Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well I, for one, was really hoping Minny would kick the field goal. They were so close to the goal line. Good job by our defense to hold.

I was really scared that we had just experienced another episode of being not prepared for a QB going down. But Speight was great on the last drive. The TD pass was right on, and the 2 point conversion was well done.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
      Not from the half yard line you don't. I like my chances with one play there way better than OT.
      Michigan's defense was having an awful night and Rudock was done. I like my chances in OT.

But the far worse fuckup came with 19 secs on the 1 yard line and instead of using your timeout you call 16 audibles and waste all but 2 secs.

I'll say it again: Minnesota's staff had already predetermined that a field goal was not an option once they got down to the 1. So what were they saving the timeout for?????

Comment

• I still think Minny should have taken the FG with :02 left.

The Goofers had all the momentum. Michigan was playing its backup QB, and the defense was sucking air.

Jerry Kill probably pulled out the rest of his hair with that bonehead move.
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
          THE REVIEW WAS THE TIMEOUT. You call the play during the review and if you don't make it in, THEN you use the TO.
          If you do it that way you are giving up at least three seconds. They weren't able to snap until the clock was on 16. You probably only get two plays this way.

Comment

• Not from the half yard line you don't. I like my chances with one play there way better than OT.
            Exactly. One play from the one is a better bet than going to OT, especially when you've had trouble turning red-zone possessions into touchdowns. I had zero problem with Minnesota playing to win there. The clock management after the review, though, was insane, and their play-call seemed so convoluted they confused themselves.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
              If you do it that way you are giving up at least three seconds. They weren't able to snap until the clock was on 16. You probably only get two plays this way.
              BS. Unless you drop back and pass AND scramble from inside the 1 you get 4 plays no matter how you slice it.

Comment

• It was an awful sneak, the last play against a goal like D, the QB has to go high and put the ball over the goal line. If they punch the ball out before you break the plane, you tip your cap.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                  Michigan hasn't earned the right to assume a win against anyone.

They better be ready.
                  I have the assumption they will be ready because of their great coaching staff.
                  With Rutgers being awful at the same time (outscored 96-17 in their last two games and worst of all... being competitive vs Kansas), playing Rutgers at Ann Arbor is one of the best situations Michigan can find themselves in if Rudock has to miss a week.

Most of us assumed a win vs Maryland. Rutgers? Same thing, but at most a little better.
                  I think Michigan will win.
                  AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
                    BS. Unless you drop back and pass AND scramble from inside the 1 you get 4 plays no matter how you slice it.

If you say so, I'd rather have 19 seconds to play with than 16 seconds.

Comment

• From the fucking 1/2 yard line? Sure, but it's the same thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by JRB View Post
                        Exactly. One play from the one is a better bet than going to OT, especially when you've had trouble turning red-zone possessions into touchdowns. I had zero problem with Minnesota playing to win there. The clock management after the review, though, was insane, and their play-call seemed so convoluted they confused themselves.
                        Hmmmm, I dunno. I just disagree. Going for it in that position, after you completely mismanaged the 1st and goal with 19 secs left, smacks of desperation to me. Like you have no confidence that you can win in OT. Even though you've been outplaying Michigan all night and Rudock is done for the evening.

Comment

• Minny got impatient trying to "Win it for Jerry." At least we didn't have to watch another team carry a trophy off the field.
                          Last edited by Rocky Bleier; October 31, 2015, 10:04 PM.
                          I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                            It was an awful sneak, the last play against a goal like D, the QB has to go high and put the ball over the goal line. If they punch the ball out before you break the plane, you tip your cap.
                            A good point.

Comment

• And about the read option.

Comment

• Very exciting and entertaining game. Kudos to Hoke for bringing in Speight who was good. It's amazing how much this game reminded me of the old days with Hoke. Harbaugh is doing a great job with Hoke's players.

The Minnesota game last year was the end for Hoke. Harbaugh system proves just enough better to get the win. It was basically a coin flip this year, and our backup QB did the job. This offense is not gonna do much if the pass is not an option, and that was case when Speight initially took the field.

Comment

Working...
                                X