Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan @ Indiana, 11/14, 3:30p EST, ABC - ESPN/ESPN2 Mirror.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I meant the IU defense, specifically the pass defense is worse. And I think that is true.

Comment

I still think its a trap game, and Michigan should approach it that way.

I'm tired of seeing Michigan go into these games unprepared, and acting like they are SHOCKED that the other team is playing inspired ball. We saw that too much under the previous 3 regimes.

This is where having Harbaugh pays off. Or at least it should.
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Correct. These are the games I stopped worrying about on December 30, 2014.

Comment

"This is where having Harbaugh pays off, " said lineygoblue.

Like this?

I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

EXACTLY like that.

Comment

Rocky: Yes sir. Like Mike said, exactly like that.

I wish I could say more.
              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Ha!

Comment

Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                  I still think its a trap game, and Michigan should approach it that way.

I'm tired of seeing Michigan go into these games unprepared, and acting like they are SHOCKED that the other team is playing inspired ball. We saw that too much under the previous 3 regimes.

This is where having Harbaugh pays off. Or at least it should.
                  I loved the fact that he was pissed that Rutgers was talking "shit" in the tunnel and he wanted to shove it in their face. I really love the fact that the shit being talked was that "they don't know how to finish games". Can you imagine if they would have said something serious?
                  To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

Indiana is better than poop, point spread sounds about correct. Talking with people whose opinion I respect and who've seen them play, I don't think they are quite as good as the 10 quarters of the games I've seen them...

They do present some issues for M's defense but that is about the end of M's worries vs Indiana. M needs to not do anything stupid like give the ball away and give up multiple 30+ yard plays and they should be fine...

Oh and Indiana is going to make Rudock look really good again.

Comment

Against hot QBs, M's D has not played at it's best. Losses to Utah, MSU and a close win at Minnesota attest to that.

Rudock has not played well on the road. In fact, he is terrible.

Rudock is a middling QB at best. Rank's #71 nationally in YPG, 69th in QB efficiency at 129.7 (Seth Russel, Baylor, 189.7) and #112 in points responsible for.

He's not going to win games for you and either by poor play or turnovers, he has a better chance of being the primary cause for a loss.

If I'd seen M play better on the road than they have to date, I'd feel better about this game. There's no doubt M has a better defense and overall a better football team than IU and the statistics bear that out.

In fact Advance Stats (FEI and FPI) rank M #12 and #16 overall compared to IU coming in at #60 and #79. The point spread, as WM points out, is about right (around -13) and is remarkably consistent by any number of measures.

But, we have three factors that are concerning: (1) the potential for a poor game by Rudock, (2) the unpredictable happening - a factor that usually, not always, hurts the team playing on the road, (3) poor officiating which is, at this point, a fairly predictable reality that could affect the outcome.

So, I'm not as sanguine about the outcome of this game as some are. It's been on my list of possible losses, hanging around at #5 (osu, MSU, Utah, PSU, IU), since the start of the season.
                      Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; November 11, 2015, 09:34 AM.
                      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

Ryan Glasgow has his arm in a sling. Status unclear.

I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

Yeah, not good news at all. Gonna need him down the stretch. He's been a lot better than many people have been talking about.

Comment

Will need him this weekend. The defense might be on the field for 90+ snaps.

Comment

Glasgow's been the DL no one talks about how good he is.

Comment

Arguably the most consistent. Wormley, Henry, Hurst and Charlton have all has their moments but not as consistent as Glasgow.

Comment

Working...
                                X