Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Game - osu @ M, 11/28/15, Noon, ABC National.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This guy projects OSU to have 10 returning starters total on offense+defense.
    Elflein and Johnston, I think, are definitely gone. I think Marshall is back. Not sure on Apple.

By the time The Game rolls around next year, none of that matters. It'll only matter the first handful of games.
    Yep. And while I like Hanni's point on the OL, I feel really bullish on the talent they have waiting in the wings. They're not going to have Chase Farris plugged in their any more. Isaiah Prince, Jamarco Jones and Demetrius Knox are, I think, all really high upside lineman, and I also like Matt Burrell and ton. Evan Lisle should also be good.

WR is the biggest question mark. They were decimated by injuries there. And one of their big-time playmaking recruits -- Johnnie Dixon -- has the knees of an octagenarian. Offensively, that'll be their big issue.

And schedule-wise, at Oklahoma, at Wisconsin, at Michigan State and at Penn State doesn't bode particularly well for a super young team.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Wen you have to plug that many holes; you usually don't fill them as well as you hope. Some positions you may upgrade even but there will be positions where you will have a glaring hole that isn't plugged.

Comment

Ezekiel Elliott apologized via Twitter today. Poised to run for 200 yds. to appease Buckeye faithful. 42-3. Brady Hoke quoted after the game: "We played 'em closer when I was... hey, is that bologna?"
        I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

So, since everybody knows crybaby Zeke is going to get the bean a lot, all UM has to do is key on him and that's the game.

Comment

Well, he'll get more than 12 carries. You can bet on that.

I'm more concerned about Barrett and B Miller.
            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

1986 Harbaugh's guarantee game. Schembechler said to Ohio State kicker Matt Frantz as Frantz stood on the field and waited for a TV timeout to end so he could attempt a potential game-winning, 45-yard field goal with 1:06 left. According to Frantz:

"Just before the timeout was over, I looked over and saw Bo Schembechler about three-quarters of the way out on the field. He was screaming, 'Frantz, you little s---, you're going to miss this kick!' He was going nuts, and his coaches were trying to hold him back. People ask me all the time if icing the kicker works. I tell them, 'Well, in my case it did.' It was a perfect snap and a perfect hold, but I hooked it a couple of feet left. There's no explanation and no excuse."

Comment

Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
                1986 Harbaugh's guarantee game. Schembechler said to Ohio State kicker Matt Frantz as Frantz stood on the field and waited for a TV timeout to end so he could attempt a potential game-winning, 45-yard field goal with 1:06 left. According to Frantz:

"Just before the timeout was over, I looked over and saw Bo Schembechler about three-quarters of the way out on the field. He was screaming, 'Frantz, you little s---, you're going to miss this kick!' He was going nuts, and his coaches were trying to hold him back. People ask me all the time if icing the kicker works. I tell them, 'Well, in my case it did.' It was a perfect snap and a perfect hold, but I hooked it a couple of feet left. There's no explanation and no excuse."
                He probably couldn't stop laughing at the bitter old man, who'd coached for nearly 2 decades and won like 2 bowl games, screaming at him, pleading with him to miss the kick.

Comment

That bitter old man forgot more about football than you'll ever know.

Comment

That's probably it. That's what was on his mind.

Comment

And, well, it worked.

Comment

And its better than running out on the field and punching him in the face.

Comment

Bo followed up that brilliant coaching job with a loss to Cooper.

Comment

Followed up what?

Comment

After Franz gifted M the game, Bo proceeded to, as per usual, lose the Rose Bowl. This time to John Cooper's ASU team.

You could say Ohio State lost twice on that day.
                              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Now you're getting a sense of how we operate around here. Playing a long game.

Comment

Working...
                                X