osu @ M - Game Day, In Game, Post Game Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
    I'll explain in depth later when i have time but the very short version is you MUST bring up safeties to help support the run vs read option. Durkin left a free safety 15 yards deep all game, playing 10 vs 11.
    Showed too much respect for JTB as a passer? Probably. Or maybe showing respect for the speed of OSU's WRs? That's how they always beat us. Spread the field with 3-4 fast receivers and run inside. Boom Herron, Carlos Hyde, and Ezekiel Elliott at RB and Braxton Miller and J.T. Barrett at QB. They've gashed us like that for years. Mattison had to know what was coming. Need to recruit speed on defense.
    I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
      I thought there were some effort issues in the second half.
      There sure were. Everything else is easy to understand and fix.

Comment

• Far more complex than you make it, read option can't be defended successfully the way Durkin did.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
          There sure were. Everything else is easy to understand and fix.

Not until it was out of hand, really
          Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
            Far more complex than you make it, read option can't be defended successfully the way Durkin did.
            You know more than me, but it looks to me like you pick your poison. I don't have a lot of faith in Stribling or Clark to defend without safety help. Although, I do believe you have to stop the run first and make Barrett beat you with his arm. Which, I guess is what you're saying. As usual, Urban knew and exploited our weaknesses. Need to finish recruiting strong on defensive side.
            I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• I don't know if we would've gotten the effort we saw today if we hadn't lost last week

Comment

• Of course not. Ohio played like a bunch of entitled primadonnas the entire season.
                Atlanta, GA

Comment

• OSU has easily the largest collection or pro talent in the country. That would be a credit to them, if they didn't take 3 months to care enough about showing up.

Comment

• I have nothing different to say today than I've said for the previous 14 years of this fiasco. Thanks Llllloyd Rich and Brady. Much appreciated.
                    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Warm thanks to LLLLLLoyd, Rich, Brady, Bill Martin, and Dave Brandon from me as well

Comment

• I'd like to blame it all on the past, but that is not accurate.
                        Durkin and Harbaugh did not have the right game plan, and that was a big contributor. I agree we would have still lost because we were out-talented as well, but IU helped us by exposing the problem. We should have done better even though not having Glasgow was an issue.

Comment

• The lowering of the talent level has everything to do with what happened today. Michigan has been trying to compete at a high level with MAC talent for years now. With the exception of a handful of guys, most of the players that played for Michigan today were of MAC caliber. That is thanks to Lloyd, Rich and Brady. They allowed the talent level to wane, and we're feeling the effects of their neglect today.

On the other hand, Coach Harbaugh and his staff deserve the highest award possible for a football coach and staff, for what they did with Michigan this year. They took over a team with NO real quarterback, an offense that was in shambles, and a defense that didn't know how to tackle, .. and made a 9-3 team out of them. With a better handled punt snap, they're 10-2. That, is a freaking miracle.

Jake Rudock will have my ever lasting respect and thanks for coming to Michigan, and giving us a quarterback who had guts, and played his heart out. He had never taken a snap for Michigan, missed spring practice, but yet came in and became Michigan's starting QB, and led the team to a 9-3 (10-2) record. I don't know of anyone other than a guy named Russell Wilson who has done anything similar.

I hope today's loss doesn't carry a lot of weight with players that Michigan needs to turn things around. It may with some, but we really need some top talent to commit to Coach Harbaugh and Michigan. The talent gap must be closed, and it must be an ongoing process.
                          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• All I know is I blew through the Captain in the 2nd quarter, the Absolut by KO of the 3rd, now I'm into 2nd bottle of wine and I'm wondering why I still pay so much fucking money to watch us beat Rutgers and other crap.

FUCK THIS SHIT. Lost 13 of last 15 to OSU and 7 of 8 to MSU.

WIN GAMES THAT FUCKING MATTER.

Comment

• Like where your head's at. I'd be right where you are, but found out right after the win someone broke my car window and had to go get it fixed. Couple hour detour, but back on the Captain hard. It's a sign that that's all that's going to work today.

Comment

• Welp. We hired Harbaugh and we are still prison bitches in our rivalry games. Two rivalry game victories in eight years. Two. But success is right around the corner, AMIRITE? It's Hoke's fault. He didn't leave behind any talent. Just wait until all of those talented "sleepers" that Harbaugh is recruiting displace all of the 4* and 5* players that Hoke recruited like Peppers, Magnusson, Butt, Cole, Wormley, Ross, Gedeon, Bolden, Wilson, Lewis, Thomas, Darboh, etc. The Kingston Davis/Josh Metellus era will be a glorious one.

The Jim Hermann club has a new member. Go ahead and take that Maryland job, Durkin, you fucking turd. Congratulations on joining a long line of shitty defensive coordinators who have gotten assraped and humiliated in The Game. Hopefully your next team will play against a freshman QB in every single game. That's apparently the only way you'll look good. You're a fucking dumb assclown when you have to play against competence (and in the case of Minnehaha, incompetence).

And speaking of shitty assistants, Tim Drevno can go to hell too. The running game was a pile of shit this year. It actually regressed from the Hoke/Borges/Nussmeier/Funk days. That's astounding. You have to be a really pathetic loser to get less out of Smith, Johnson, Green, Mason Cole, Kalis, Magnusson, etc than the previous regime did.The three running backs that got significant carries this year had significantly higher ypc last year than they did this year. Don't believe me? Look up the stats.

But I guess I should be happy that we are better than suck this year. We improved over Hoke's last team. We'll be 9-4 after we get the living shit kicked out of us in our bowl game and it's considered a miracle. Hooray. You guys act like Harbaugh is the first coach in history to get improvement out of a team with a shitload of juniors and seniors. Brady Hoke did it too. So did Tyrone Willingham and Charlie Weis.

Next year, when Harbaugh extends his record in rivalry games to 0-4, the excuses and the calls for patience will continue to flow like a river. Then in 2017 and 2018 the "youth" excuse will be back. I can't wait!
                                Last edited by Hannibal; November 28, 2015, 06:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X