osu @ M - Game Day, In Game, Post Game Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ugh.

We got beat by a more talented team today. Wish osu would have played like this against the Sparties, and played us like they played vs MSU.

To top it all off, I got rear ended (in my brand new vehicle) on the way home on US23. Fortunately nobody hurt.

In the WTF department, I took my son down to Schembechler Hall to see the exhibits. It was closed. On the morning of the traditional biggest game of the year. First game day EVER that it was closed. WTF? Oh wait, it was because of the Paris attacks. Part of the increased security in A2. Great, lets all drop into the fetal position while our POS gov't, law enforcement and their quivering lackeys restrict what we do and expect us to be grateful for it. Once I entered the stadium, my ticket was checked 8 times inside. When I asked the elevator operator why he wanted to see my ticket, he said heightened security due to the Paris attacks. I asked what possible difference seeing my ticket makes. He said everybody feels safer because of it. And its what the Ann Arbor police told them to do. I told him that was the stupidest thing I've ever heard and he gave me the deer in the headlights look.

Everytime our behavior is forcibly modified by our domestic authorities because of the actions of terrorists, the terrorists win. I guess we're a nation of sheep and I'm a bad person because I don't blindly accept idiocy that is doled out and even worse, don't feel safer because of it.

At any rate, congrats osu, you won fair and square.
    “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Hey, Hanni,

Have you chosen a new team to follow yet? Perhaps Indiana? They have Greg Frey as their O-line coach. That could be someone you could root for.
      I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Be nice.

Comment

• I like Hannibal. I feel his frustration as deeply as he does. But I think it's time to move on lest his head or heart explodes while watching a Michigan game.

Comment

• The difference between this year's and last years team is very close stat wise. Hokes team ran better and had a better overall defense. He was less than 10 points of having as good a record. I don't think I could call this team a success. Just suc.

Comment

• I'll take your word for it but this team looked head and shoulders better than the nonsense Hoke put out there last year.

Comment

• Absolutely. Head and shoulders. Hoke would have won 4-5 games this season with this team. I think Harbaugh did a helluva job.

Comment

• Fire Millen. NOW.

Comment

• Originally posted by klondike View Post
                    The difference between this year's and last years team is very close stat wise. Hokes team ran better and had a better overall defense. He was less than 10 points of having as good a record. I don't think I could call this team a success. Just suc.
                    Stat wise.

But it is fucking stupid beyond believe to imply, like it appears you are implying, that Harbaugh had the "team" equivalent of Hoke.

Maybe you should get on Hoke's campaign staff to get him another HC job instead of being on Sirius Radio where is the same fucking idiot that he was as M's head football coach.
                    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Hoke wouldn't have even gotten this team to five wins. He had no viable quarterback, because Rudock would have went elsewhere. This team with Speight/Morris at QB? Ye gads ...

I'm still a believer in Coach Harbaugh. I can't think of any other coach that I'd want at Michigan right now. Maybe one slight ray of hope would be that his first year at Michigan is better than his first year at Stanford was, and he had about the same talent levels to start with at both.

Today's crapfest was due to long term neglect of the program. Had things continued the way that Bo, Mo and even Carr did in his first 5 years, .. about a half dozen of those ohio players would have been on Michigan's roster today. Michigan always skimmed a few of the cream of the crop from Ohio with those guys around. But Carr lost his passion for coaching when Tressel started getting the best of him, and it showed in his last couple years recruiting. That was further destroyed by Rodriguez competing with Eastern Michigan and Southern Illinois for recruits. Hoke may have upgraded the talent slightly, but he had no clue how to develop it. So, today's result is due to the near destruction of what was once a proud and winning program.

I don't know if Michigan will ever get back to National Championship class football again. I'd like to think they will, but I'm wondering if the damage is now too severe for even a great coach like Harbaugh to fix. I agree with Hannibal's assertion that they've GOT to start winning some of these rivalry games, .. at LEAST hold serve at home, .. or these won't be true rivalries anymore. A true rivalry is one, that among other things, goes back and forth. Its all been way too one-sided for too long.
                      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Don't worry, Rocky. I'm not going anywhere. I'm on a one man crusade to make sure that all of you fuckers don't forget what Michigan football is supposed to mean.

We are 2-13 in our last 15 games against OSU. 2-15 in our last 17 rivalry games. Disgust and outrage is the only reaction that a sane person can possibly have to these numbers. I refuse to let the standards for our football program be wrecked the way that they have been wrecked for the basketball program, where our coach is now considered a genius just because he's better than the two bums before him. I will accept no excuses. Especially next year. If Harbaugh doesn't sweep our rivalry games in 2016 then that's unconditional failure.

Comment

• I've been on board since Bo's first season. Never, NEVER, thought I'd see this happen, but not a damn thing I can do about it, so I just try to deal with it. Went nuts over Rose Bowl losses as a kid. Thought they'd never win a National Championship. Practically cried when Moeller was fired, but, somehow things got better. I feel bad for my dad. He introduced me to Michigan football. He's 81 yrs. old now, and he's wondering if he'll ever see another victory over OSU.

Comment

• Rocky and Hanni, I feel your pain. This is un-fucking-acceptable. We aren't even CLOSE to being in OSU's ballpark. Or MSU's for that matter. I never thought I'd see the day....

Comment

• If Harbaugh doesn't sweep our rivalry games in 2016 then that's unconditional failure.

On board with that. I thought splitting them would be OK this year, and probably next year too. Have to make up for this year's 0-2. But the good thing is that things are going to get better. I'm sick of waiting, but at least it's worth the wait now.

Comment

• Not counting OSU's 7 loss season in 2011 (which we coulda/shoulda lost), Michigan has ome meaningful victory over OSU since 2000 and that was in '03. I'll start beleiving when we start WINNNG GAMES THAT MATTER.

Comment

Working...
                                X