Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Team 137 by Jim Harbaugh. Football talk and Predictions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Durkin has the rep as a very good recruiter, but who did he bring in for us? It seems to me we've truly bent over backward for Devin Bush Jr. -- quite a lot for a top200ish recruit -- and even with Durkin around that was nowhere near a certainty. We've brought in some FL 3* guys. Anything more, really?

Comment

• That's why Anderson may be a slight upgrade, when it comes to recruiting. Michigan used to recruit well out of Cally, and the west coast. Not so much nowadays.

If Michigan can tap in to that talent, it may offset their shortcomings elsewhere.
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Anderson has faced a ton of spread offenses in the Pac -10.

Detroit News:
        Anderson, who worked for Harbaugh at San Diego in 2005-06 and at Stanford from 2007-10, has been Stanford coordinator the past two years. Read his bio here.

Stanford's defense ranked 38th in scoring defense and 50th in total defense this season but last year Stanford was No. 2 nationally in scoring defense and No. 3 in total defense.
        "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• What about John Harbaugh for DC. Wierd, but I hear he might be out of a job with the Ravens.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
            What about John Harbaugh for DC. Wierd, but I hear he might be out of a job with the Ravens.
            About a year ago, a lot of us believed that Jim Harbaugh would never leave the NFL for a rebuilding college team.

A few weeks later, he took the Michigan job, after being stupidly fired by the 49ers.

If the Ravens fire him, I'd suppose John Harbaugh would have a lot of NFL job offers. I don't think he'd have to settle for a DC job, even if it was with his brother at Michigan.

But then again ... those Harbaugh's are unpredictable...

Comment

• He is the better head coach, he'll have a head job if he wants it.

Comment

• I agree.

If John Harbaugh wants another NFL job, he'll likely have one within 2-3 weeks after the Ravens let him go.

But, .. if he's had the same "dream" that his little brother had, ... maybe he'd choose to come back home and help him out.

I'm not predicting it will happen. I'm just saying when it comes to these Harbaugh's, you just never know.

Comment

• That may be the worst play in the history of Michigan football. So many thing wrong it was like the Keystone Cops were out there.
                  UFM shenanigans on the sideline at Michigan Stadium was ignominious, never seen a HC bring down his wife for a party like atmosphere, hugging and kissing - pumping your fists jumping up and down up by 3tds. Harbaugh certainly took a number on that display.

The way I look at it, that is the play that kept Urban Meyer out of the playoffs.... it's a blessing. I would much rather see Dantonio on the big stage than Meyer (.... again) . Yes, Spartie will be insufferable if they win, sure..... they would rather lose as long as Michigan's loses vs FL. ☺ Not worried, Harbaugh has M in the right direction. Plus this team is not a top 5 team or even top 10, and it's not like Michigan would be playing for a NC this year.

Comment

• http://mgofish.com/the-mgofish-bowl/ :

Latest on the DC Search

Shared some messages with a top recruit's parent about the latest defensive coordinator rumblings and they let me know the new guy (whoever it may be) is expected to be a “3-4 guru”, “stud DC” and “NFL tested”.
                    Now, Lance Anderson has been the most popular name but he doesn't have any NFL experience. But (IMO) if you've coached with Harbaugh, that's “NFL tested”. Not saying it's going to be him but, at this point, he looks to be the safe bet.
                    Either way, it sounds like UM's next DC is expected to be a fantastic hire.
                    "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• Could it be Mattison?
                      Monkeys don't sell bananas.

Comment

• I doubt it. Mattison is 65, I imagine he'll stick around for only a year or two before riding off into the sunset. The DC will have to be more than a one-n-done. The hard part in the DC recruitment is finding someone to commit for an extended period of time. Any DC at Michigan AND under Harbaugh is going to generate interest at schools in search of a head coach.
                        “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• It's got to be someone currently in the NFL and Harbaugh isn't going to announce the name until their season ends.

Comment

• Thennnnnn Vic Fangio?
                            Monkeys don't sell bananas.

Comment

• Whoever it is, it will be the best DC hire of all-time...surpassing the DJ Durkin hire of 2015.
                              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• As long as it's not Mel Tucker, I'm happy.
                                "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                                X