Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Team 137 by Jim Harbaugh. Football talk and Predictions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BC v#9 FUS at home:

7 points allowed to the Jimbo Fisher/Everett Gholson offense

217 yards of total offense allowed to the JimboFisher/Everett Gholson offense

119 passing, 98 rushing

Dalvin Cook held to 54 yards on 15 carries

Jimbo Fisher uses his QBs in his offenses a lot like ufm and utilizes athletic hulking backs a lot like Zeke Elliot. I don't think FSU was anywhere near as good as osu in 2015 mainly because Gholson is not as good as Barrett, IMO. But FSU isn't a bad model if, like me, one is asking can Don Brown stop the read option run by a decent QB.
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• This is every snap of the BC/FSU game.

BC's D looks like a 4-3 over to me and a slight variation to what Mattison/DJD were running. The LBs are more passive (read and react) but the front is very aggressive especially in the later downs, more vanilla on the early ones.

Can't tell much about what the Ss are doing. My sense is that Brown does not play quarters nor does he bring Ss up. He's relying on whoever puts their hand down or lines up on the LOS, sometimes an outside LB, to wreak havoc in the backfield and the LBs, sometimes just two of them, to clean up. Works nice on run plays but, with my eye, there's some weakness in the pass coverage on slants and screens.

One caveat here. Fisher went very conservative as the game wore on figuring he was going to win the game with 14 points over BC's dreadful offense. The first half is more revealing. The first drive was clearly scripted and Brown's D was clearly vanilla ..... and got gashed. After FSU's first drive, there was a lot more exotic stuff going on and it worked. Finger's crossed that this is not a repeat of RR's hire of an older, very "experienced" and previously successful Greg Robinson.

[ame]https://youtu.be/QOzgaPWWvI8[/ame]
      Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; December 21, 2015, 04:20 PM.
      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• You can't win if you can't score and BC offense specialized in 3-and-outs.

Comment

• That game was a magnificent steaming pile of shit

[youtube]-UtrFT68y3c[/youtube]

Comment

• When Nick The Great went from middling MSU to LSU, he went because he wanted to be able to recruit and work with a higher caliber of talent. He did it, and had excellent results.

Maybe Coach Brown can have similar results?
            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Make no mistake, Nick went for the money first and foremost. He and the administration were in dispute over an annuity and that soured him. There were other considerations for sure but it was a money grab. Most job changes are, like Ted DiBiase said, "Every man has his price."

One thing is for sure Doc Brown is not taking a paycut.

Comment

• You're wrong. He'd walk from Boston or San Diego to coach at M.
                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Both of you are correct. He'll walk, but later after nobody's looking he'll be given a nice contract.

Comment

• Fair points, take this job and love it.

Comment

• Brown is not known as a recruiter ... he'll have to go against Schiano in recruiting battles which is not optimal --- then again, Schiano may jump for HC spot sooner than Brown so we'll see.

Comment

• Ojemudia denied a medical redshirt. his career at UM is over

Comment

• The rules for granting a medical redshirt are so arbitrary.
                          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• According to the article I read he was going to have a difficult rehab anyway. It's iffy whether he will be able to go next season as well.
                            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• He played in more than 1/3 of his team's games. I think that the rules on that are fairly clear.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                                He played in more than 1/3 of his team's games. I think that the rules on that are fairly clear.

The ambiguity is whether it's 1, 2, 3, or 4 games of participation. there are examples of approvals and denials across the board.
                                "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                                X