Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Team 137 by Jim Harbaugh. Football talk and Predictions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hack View Post
    During Signing of the Stars -- thanks to whomever posted that up higher, drok or Cody? -- Tom Brady brought out ``those who stay'' and Harbaugh added ``and those who work hard will stay''.

So, there you have it. Work hard or get culled. I'm not sure that's exactly appropriate, but that's what it is now. On the coaching staff to judge kids appropriately from the start.
    In the modern age of CFB, it is absolutely appropriate if you want to challenge for a play-off spot.

IMO, there are several things that have contributed to M's mediocre football program since, well, since the dominance of the Crisler coached teams ('38-'47). One of these, Hack, you know well: M's culture, cultivated as such following the Weber fiasco. Growing from this is a haughtiness that, we, at Michigan, are above the dirty business of CFB - something that has gone on since it's existence so, get real - which is exactly what Harbaugh has brought to the table. Not saying he's brining in the bag men and looking the other way, he's not. What he is doing is he's dealing with the Southern programs that do do that and are well known for it. But he's doing it with tactics and strategies; not doing it by playing dirtier than they are.

It's similar to the great German General staff and Field Commanders like Irwin Rommel, who, in the wreckage of trench warfare and the German defeat in WWI, abandoned those loosing strategies and tactics and came up with the Blitzkrieg, the effective use of airpower and direct air support, and a cavalry (tanks) that were highly mobile and logistically sound to support that mobility. Harbaugh is outflanking his competition with the Swarm, Signing with the Stars, Spring Camps in FL, all of which keep M football on the front page ........ and by the way JH would bask in this analogy.

So, yeah, talent and the rest, chortle all you want about this kind of stuff. It's working. We should all feel pretty good about how this is going to translate to on-field success and clearly that is the measure of it in the end. Mostly though, and aside from being innovative on the recruiting front, HARBAUGH!!! and lets not forget his staff, are pretty damn good football coaches.
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Ah, a good WWII analogy. My own is more to Marco Rubio who somehow proclaimed himself the real winner in Iowa. Congratulations on the 2nd best class in the B10 according to each of the 4 services who rate such things. And congrats on holding OSU to under 400 yards rushing a mere two months ago. As Ric Flair said at the fantabulous "Signing of the Stars," paraphrasing his famous quote..."in order to be the man, ya gotta beat the man, and right now Michigan is the man." Heh.

The most appropriate analogy, of course, is to 2011 and 2012. But that one strikes a nerve, so I'll let you analogize away to WWII and just take it all in.

Hopefully one day Urbs can "beat the man" so that he can "be the man." But, I doubt it.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Next year should be the best team since at least 2006 and the most hyped team since 2007.

Comment

• BTW, Buchanan...I came across this: http://www.detroitlionsforum.com/for...=5058&page=467.

You were using CFB Data Warehouse to prove that M was better than OSU all-time. Standard off-season discussion.

Thought I'd update you on where your tried and true source currently stands: http://www.cfbdatawarehouse.com/data...m_rankings.php

Comment

• Next year should be the best team since at least 2006 and the most hyped team since 2007.
            Yeah, it's f'n awesome. Really looking forward to predictions ramping up as we move through the offseason.

Comment

• Keep your oLIEo filth is its own thread.
              Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Nah. I do what I want.

Comment

• Lets keep the osu stuff in its appropriate thread.
                  “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
                    Someone was asking about Ms schollie numbers. At 88 right now...

https://michigan.n.rivals.com/news/m...-s-2016-roster
                    Wow, Ms Schollie is getting up there in age.
                    "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Lets keep the osu stuff in its appropriate thread.
                      It is. And the M vs OSU stuff is in its appropriate thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post
                        Lets keep the osu stuff in its appropriate thread.
                        To be fair, talents comments are wholly appropriate in this thread because we're all giddy and such, proclaiming a new age in M football when we're facing the reality that Harbaugh is 0-2 against M's biggest rivals. As well, we've done this sort of shit before .... at least I did as talent has so jarringly pointed out.

My Rodriguez enthusiasm was the absolute worst. Embarrassing actually. So, Harbaugh has to dominate Mike Dantonio's and urban meyer's teams a few times before we have any solid claim to being better than those two programs. Like going 4-0 over the next two seasons. That would be a start. Not there yet even though it is fun to think about it.

talent's just doing his due diligence making sure we know where we're coming from. I do.

Fuck osu.
                        Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; February 4, 2016, 02:43 PM.
                        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                          Harbaugh has to dominate Mike Dantonnio's and urban meyer's teams a few times before we have any solid claim to being better than those two programs.
                          I agree with your whole post, but just thought I'd point out that it's spelled ``Dantonio''. Just one ``n''.

Comment

• What?

Heh. The forever edit feature, available to mods, not the rest of you underlings, is a wonderful tool.

Comment

• Much better. Give the man his due respect.

Comment

• Good catch, Hack.

Comment

Working...
                                X