Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Football, Team 137, 2016 Season.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We just don't know that. All we know is that for the season to now, USC is a pretty good team, and Bama beat them handily.

My assessment based on the current Top Ten is not a comment on the relative strength of any team. My personal opinion, for what little it may be worth, is that Bama would and will beat any of the teams it will face.

My assessment is, well, what it is. It is a set of facts. One may draw whatever conclusions from those facts one wishes. I just thought it was interesting to look at it from that perspective.

Comment

• I understand what you're saying, and perhaps there is room for both. In other words, there are teams that are over-hyped and undervalued. Considering where they are now would help catch those teams.

However, there are definitely teams that have gotten better and teams that have gotten worse as the year goes on; both, for a multitude of reasons. The relative strength of a team is often not static, and the 'where they were then' catches those.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I've watched nearly every usc game. It's night and day.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
          I've watched nearly every usc game. It's night and day.

Exactly.
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• USC narrowly beat Colorado at home. So those 2 teams are pretty even, and Washington is probably right up there with them. As usual, the PAC 12 is well balanced and one of the top conferences.

Alabama stands out head and shoulders above the rest of us in the season to date. They are by far the leading team, but probably only about 50-50 to win the national championship.

Comment

• Odds look better than 50/50 to me. No one in college ball can touch them IMO
              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• or High School either.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueInCostaRica View Post
                  The AP just came out with this week?s ratings. I have always thought that a team?s record against the Top Ten ought to be based on the current week, as opposed to ratings in ancient history. On that basis, below is a list of the Top Ten in the AP, along with each team?s record against the other members of the current Top Ten, at least according to my calculations.

1. Alabama (0-0)
                  2. Ohio State (2-1)
                  3. Michigan (3-0)
                  4. Clemson (0-0)
                  5. Wisconsin (0-2)
                  6. Washington (0-0)
                  7. Oklahoma (0-1)
                  8. Penn State (1-1)
                  9. Colorado (0-1)
                  10. Okla State (0-0)
                  That's three of the sneakiest Top 10 wins of all time for UM.

Comment

• For sure. We demolished PSU. Colorado started fast but even that game was garbage time by early 4th quarter, IIRC. Colorado had that first drive of the second half and that was it. We controlled the Wisconsin game too and would have won by a much wider margin had Allen not picked that day for his meltdown.

IMO it's not that we are all that good -- I didn't think those teams were either.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                      IMO it's not that we are all that good -- I didn't think those teams were either.
                      Then beside Alabama, who is?

Comment

• It sure seems like it's Alabama and everyone else. I'm far from the first one to say that, but it looks to be very true.

Comment

• OK. Then if you eliminate Alabama from the comparison, then we must be good, at least as compared to what's left.

Comment

• Bama has tons of holes. Tons.

I know, I know.....SANDBAGGERY!!

Comment

• At the highest level!!!!

Comment

• We didn't score until the 4th Q on LSU. We struggled with UT-Chattanooga for nearly the first half. Ole Miss hung 40 on us. Arkie hung 30 on us, etc, etc. The secondary is very average. The front seven is the best in CFB but badly banged up. Two true freshmen starting on O (QB and RG).

The SEC is down. It's Bama and four 8-win teams or we would not be undefeated.

Comment

Working...
                                X