Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Football, Team 137, 2016 Season.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The whole Henson thing just reinforces my feeling that pro-style QB evaluation is far removed from reality. Everybody, apparently including Lloyd Carr and the other Michigan coaches, thought Henson was a can't miss prospect and much better than Brady.

The difference between pro-style QBs is not so much arm strength or height or speed as it is good coaching and making good decisions. Michigan had a tremendous run of great QBs leading up to Brady, but since then not so much. Chad Henne was nowhere near as good as his hype, for example. But his hype was such that he started in game 1 as a true freshman.

Comment

• Henne started as a freshman due to Germaine Gonzales getting injured. Then he ran with the starting job.
      Last edited by Mike; May 27, 2016, 09:34 AM.

Comment

• He started because Matt Gutierrez got hurt in training camp.

Comment

• That's who it was. I stand corrected. I knew Gonzales didn't sound right.

Comment

• Gonzalez did come in as a QB(and may have gotten a couple different look snaps), but ended up at WR.

Comment

• Yeah, he was a gadget guy. I remember the 2001 Illinois game when we were playing awful on offense. Gonzales came in for a QB throw back that went for 80 yards and got the ball rolling.

Comment

• Henson as a junior threw 16tds to 4 ints. Had 8.5 ypa and more than 60% completion percentage, equal to Brees's senior year.

He had a better YPA, completion percentage, and td/int ratio than Joey F. Harrington. You think the Leo's would have passed on Henson 3D overall?

He had a future on Sunday's without a doubt.
                To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Henson as a junior threw 16tds to 4 ints. Had 8.5 ypa and more than 60% completion percentage, equal to Brees's senior year.

He had a better YPA, completion percentage, and td/int ratio than Joey F. Harrington. You think the Leo's would have passed on Henson 3D overall?

He had a future on Sunday's without a doubt.

Comment

• Did he lose the talent then? He did give it try in the NFL and didn't show anything.

Comment

• It was about four years after he had thrown a football. I'm pretty sure nobody has ever returned to a professional sport in this manner.

Comment

• I'm not sure if it's in "this manner," but Ted Williams missed 3 years in service of his country and returned to hit .342. But, you know, he's Ted Fucking Williams.
                        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Good. We've established Drew Henson isn't Ted Williams. Progress.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
                            He started because Matt Gutierrez got hurt in training camp.
                            The crazy thing was that it wasn't announced until right before kickoff of the first game of the season.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                              Did he lose the talent then? He did give it try in the NFL and didn't show anything.
                              I didn't say he would have been all world in the NFL. I suspect he would have performed as well as Joey.

Comment

• Good. We've established Drew Henson isn't Ted Williams. Progress.
                                Duh. Henson is a righty.
                                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Working...
                                X