Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Football, Team 137, 2016 Season.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unless Walker's grades are THAT bad.

Comment

• Peppers on SI, perhaps we are jinxed, maybe he will cut his hand while smacking out his bitz and miss the Citrus Bowl.

"Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
        Is that what happened? That's why Weber didn't come to M?

IIRC he flipped to OSU before Harbaugh was hired.

Comment

• Yes, he flipped to the Buckeyes before JH was hired.

Comment

• Yes, he flipped to the Buckeyes before JH was hired.
            Correct. But he was a Buckeye commit for awhile. They had lots of time to build the relationship. Big head start. At the end of the day, HARBAUGH!!! wasn't quite enough to get him to back out of it. I'm fairly certain he felt tons of pressure to stay in-state (and, IMO, hence the Higdon story). If HARBAUGH!!! had been there for a year, he's all M. But, look at it this way, at least he's there now so you won't have to watch DPJ go to Columbus.

I think it was a trade of Weber for Walker
            That's interesting. Why? Do you think Walker was sold on playing time and that's why he "flipped" (I say "flipped," but he was, at best, loosely committed). I thought it had more to do with relationships and such. In any event, if that's true there are two thoughts: (1) Antonio Williams (Walker's replacement) is now 2nd string...funny how that works out; and (2) I'm not particularly interested in "playing time" players (JMO).

I rather doubt Najee Harris looks at M's RB depth chart and thinks, "F them....they have they have Kareem Walker ahead of me!"

Anyway, it'll be interesting to see how good Weber is. He apparently really impressed last camp until his injury. OSU is going to need him to be pretty damn good if they're going be any good. He has to at least replace, say, 75% of Elliot -- or, perhaps, be Elliot in 2014 when he sort of eased into the season as a starter and exploded at the end.
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
              I still can't believe Harbaugh wasn't enough to keep him in state
              Sometimes the force on the darkside is too much to bare...god damn OSU Sith Lords. Take your red light sabers and get out!
              Monkeys don't sell bananas.

Comment

• The story is that Weber had told Harbaugh he was coming to Michigan the night before NSD, but then he saw that Higdon came out of nowhere that morning and decided on osu. Probably a trust issue. Of course, it wasn't long after that that Stan Drayton bolted and Weber tweeted, "I'm hurt as hell I ain't gone lie." A while back he posted a picture of downtown Detroit with a caption that read, "Boy if I could do it all again." I would appreciate a couple of turnovers in Columbus as recompense.
                Last edited by Rocky Bleier; August 12, 2016, 10:27 AM.
                I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Angelique (The Angel Of The Big House) Chengellis predicts Michigan to finish 10-2, with one of the "2" probably being a bit of a surprise to some in here.

She gives ohio people something to thump their chests about too ...

"What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• 10-2 is the 'safe' bet, 2 of those would be in B1G play. Could see a few 7-2 teams in the East.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                      Angelique (The Angel Of The Big House) Chengellis predicts Michigan to finish 10-2, with one of the "2" probably being a bit of a surprise to some in here.

She gives ohio people something to thump their chests about too ...

http://www.detroitnews.com/picture-g...ason/88678298/
                      Lord, I hate the slide-show format.

Comment

• Onwenu taking snaps on defense:

I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Liked him better on D the whole time.

Comment

• May as well cancel the season, Michigan fans. According to Jerry Palm at CBS Sports, its another wasted year.

Even the mighty buckeyes and fearless Spartans don't fare well in his eyes.

CBS Sports bowl expert Jerry Palm picks the teams he feels will comprise the National Semi-final at the end of the season along with bowl projections for every single game.

Comment

• Onwenu's potential on defense is much higher than as an offensive guard imo. Onwenu is a terrific athlete for his massive 350+ lb frame.

Comment

• Well, 19 days until kickoff, and the first week of practice completed,.. so far no bad news from the submarine.

Haven't heard any rumors. Just a vague tweet or two about being "ready to go".

Comment

Working...
                                X