Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Football, Team 137, 2016 Season.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All these Michigan QB's with their high jersey numbers...I know Hack's happy but, damn!

Comment

• Yep.
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
        Ohio State has had better OLs, and will have better OLs in the near future. What's less clear is whether they'll have a back as good as Elliot in the near term. (Iam/Talent)
        Yes-- Elliot won several key match-ups for OSU over the last couple of years. He was awesome.

Comment

• Harbaugh is a whirlwind. I think this year his dazzle will overwhelm OSU and MSU. Everybody's talking about Harbaugh, and he's got a team worthy of the spotlight. Meyer and Dantonio will be back, but this is the year of Harbaugh.

Comment

• I love Drake Johnson -- player and personality. This quote about Chris Evans is delicious:
            "He's mad athletic," senior running back Drake Johnson said. "You just see some people and think 'yeah, he's an athlete.' He's an athlete, he just does stuff. He's smooth, he's real smooth. He's like butter smooth, we're just like 'ooh, wow.' He's like *sound effects* someone flips to the side, like he had no chance."
            The next Denard Robinson?

Comment

• Reminds me a little of Breaston. His hudl film is crazy. It's Indiana HS football, but it's still good.
              Last edited by The Oracle; August 17, 2016, 11:33 PM.

Comment

• Loved his ability to make cuts without slowing down, can get to the edge like no RB M has had in nearly forever.
                Last edited by WM Wolverine; August 18, 2016, 02:08 AM.

Comment

• [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XR-BocbnMs"]2016 WR Eddie McDoom 2015 season highlight REMIX - YouTube[/ame]

Evans has a nice video but I'm really impressed with McDoom's vids. His hands and acceleration after the catch are fantastic. Will any of these guys play this year?
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Harbaugh has always said that his best players are going to be on the field, no matter what class they're in. If McDoom can help the team, he'll be out there.

I like that Harbaugh isn't really in to the "preserve the red shirt" thing. He plays the people that earn playing time.

Comment

• I can't imagine more than 10-12 freshmen getting redshirt. Mcdoom will probably play.

Comment

• I've changed my mind on red shirting. As long as a coach is recruiting every year at a high level, they don't need to stockpile talent for a 5th year. I have nothing against giving a kid a red shirt if its mutually beneficial. But, it shouldn't become a necessity to be competitive.

Comment

• We're going to need to burn a redshirt or two on the OL. If that is the case, then it sounds like Bredenson is a lock for this.

Comment

• Bredeson is a lock and Onwenu probably is too, depending on where they best want to use him.

Comment

• From what I've heard, I agree with that. Onwenu and Bredeson will not be red shirted. Harbaugh even hinted that Onwenu may play on both sides of the ball. That could get interesting, seeing that he's a lineman.

Comment

• My favorite mgoblog feature not written by B. Cook has returned for 2016.

Greetings friends! We have been apart too long. Sorry, I meant to stop by for the thing, but I got busy and couldn't make it. Hope it went well. So, whatcha been up to? As you may remember, every week we take a spirited jaunt through the Michigan schedule in an attempt to forage for useful information and hate-berries. The latter are plentiful. We just hope to scoop up a bit of the former in the process. There has been no football yet, so for the next couple of weeks we're just going to take a quick overview of 2015 with a dash of a preview of the coming season. I also threw in some crootin' info, because what the hell. The bad news is that the first half of this preview is gonna be bleak. Not for Michigan, mind you. It's going to be a Bonus Area for Michigan, in which they will likely get to E. Honda hundred-hand slap the hell out of this lineup of old hatchbacks. But in terms of interest... yeah. Notsomuch. About Last Year: "Fans have a constitutional right to expect success and have high expectations" ~ James Joseph Harbaugh "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step" ~Lao Tzu "That step better not be to the inside, son." ~Jehu Chesson, I'm assuming The Road Ahead: Hawaii Last year: 3-10 (0-8 MWC) Recap: As usual, Hawaii was outstanding. Temperatures remained almost exclusively in the 80- to 90-degree range. Diverse inhabitants, flora, and fauna. The Hawaiian culture is distinctive, yet each island has its own particular character. Really a must-see. Oh, the football team? No. No no no. My bad. The football team was an abomination. 120th in the country in F+ rating. Purdue-esque offensive yards-per-play numbers (rushing, passing, and total) despite being in the Mountain West. Their only wins were against UC Davis, UL Monroe, and Colorado. They were outscored 463 to 229. It is no wonder Hawaii decided to pull the plug on the Norm Chow experience after three and a half seasons yielded an 11-39 record (with a 4-28 record in the MWC). Their new coach is some guy. His team will be bad for at least as two weeks, which is as long as it will matter for Michigan fans. The good news for Hawaii is… uh… **shuffles papers**… ah, yes, here it is. They have a good punter. Rigoberto Sanchez averaged over 45 yards per punt last year. And… well… did I mention the weather? When last we saw them: Michigan is 2-0 against Hawaii all-time, with a 17-point win in 1986 and a 31-point win in 1998. Crootin’: Keep scrolling, champ. 2016 rank: #104; 5-year ranking: #100 This team is as frightening as: A gentle ocean breeze. Fear Level = 2 Michigan should worry about: Hawaii will have a game under its belt before they play Michigan. Only one team will be working through the first-game kinks and jitters, and it won’t be the Rainbow Warriors. Michigan can sleep soundly about: Sleep. Literally. Hawaii has to fly to actual damn dingo-ate-my-linebacker Australia (a 10+ hour flight) to open their season against Cal. Then they fly back to Hawaii (another 10+ hour flight). Then they fly to Michigan a couple of days later (another 9+ hours in the air), then they play Michigan at noon Eastern, which is 6:00 a.m. Hawaii time. So, you’ve got a group of gigantic humans who don’t fit in airplane seats to begin with, you’re asking them to spend three half-days in the air through eleventy six time zones in the week and a half before the game, and then asking them to play a Harbaugh team before their bodies think it is time for breakfast. When they play Michigan: Hawaii’s quarterback might ‘accidentally’ Moxon their Athletic Director six or seven times during the game. First game: [AFTER THE JUMP: It doesn’t get much better]

Comment

Working...
                                X