Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Football, Team 137, 2016 Season.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This kid is 18 years old.
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Bredeson & Onwenu are decent bets to leave after early their 4th year even if redshirted. Talents like them, you don't redshirt. If they can help the team win, they play... If a player is only going to play a 2-3 snaps a game and maybe special teams, I'll bitch about wasting a redshirt.

Eddie McDoom had a really good high school QB, Woody Barrett who signed with Auburn.

Comment

• I'm not seeing it as much with Onwenu unless they are 4Realz going to keep him on offense permanently. Then I guess it probably makes sense to get him some snaps.

Comment

• I'm of the view that all the happy horseshit talk about M going 10-2, 14-0, whatever, is pretty useless speculation until we see what team 137 actually looks like against a good football team, e.g. MSU, maybe, PSU. IOW, this OOC schedule is not going to tell us shit about Harbaugh as a a coach, about Don Brown on defense or team 137.

I'll think about making a meaningful post about M after the contest in EL.
          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• LET'S ALL JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP FOR THE NEXT 60 DAYS!! OKAY??!?!?

Comment

• Neither Penn State or Wisconsin are anything resembling gimmes. If those were road games, they'd be close to coin-flips. I like how M matches up with them yet I still see too many people chalk those up as easy wins.

Comment

• < ignores Buchanan (c: >

Wide receiver Chris Evans was another player Harbaugh praised. The former four-star recruit from Indianapolis is versatile enough to play receiver and running back on offense and has shown Harbaugh an ability to make plays on a consistent basis, leading him to claim that Evans, perhaps, was "one of the most outstanding of them all." "He knows his stuff," Mason Cole said. "He knows his protection, he knows his route patterns and he's explosive. He can go out there and hit the hole and before you know it, he's down the field.
                "Michael Onwenu is somebody, he's one of my favorites," Harbaugh said...
                Onwenu, a 6-foot-3, 350-pounder from Detroit Cass Tech, already has interested Harbaugh enough to get a shot on both sides of the ball. Michigan offensive line coach Tim Drevno has maintained for months that he's not afraid to let a true freshman compete up front -- and neither is defensive line coach Greg Mattison. A big man with great feet, Onwenu was a top-100 prospect in 2016 and the No. 1-ranked player in the state of Michigan, per 247sports... "He can be a contributor on either side of the ball, he's that good," Harbaugh said. "He's going to school, taking tests and playing both ways. He might just be my favorite guy right now. "He's awesome. I really like him a lot."
                I think it's safe to say that both Evans and Onwenu will see significant playing time this year.
                Last edited by Detroit Dan; August 18, 2016, 07:37 PM.

Comment

• LOL at Oracle, but he's right. There's just nothing to discuss. Let's all take a posting break and come back fresh in mid-October.

Comment

• Everything we've talked about since the Citrus Bowl was a waste of everyone's time.

Comment

• Everything we've talked about since 1998, really.

Comment

• Carr's last two years followed by the Brandon-RR-Hoke years ....... nearly a decade ...... sucked out most of my M football enthusiasm, esp. for the pre-season. Harbaugh's team 136 getting hosed by Dantonio's Spartans and assrailed by ufm's bucks, both in AA, didn't do much to make me believe M is back. So, I just can't get that psyched as 10 years of doing that to get dong punched mid season will do that.
                        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• You expected last year's team to only lose to Utah?

Comment

• No, I expected HARBAUGH!!!! to not lose to both osu and MSU at home.

I can go into the details but I think that's beating a dead horse. In short, some coaching issues in both those losses.

Comment

• LOL at Oracle, but he's right. There's just nothing to discuss. Let's all take a posting break and come back fresh in mid-October.
                              No, in fact nothing could be further from the truth. St. James' entire coaching career is nothing short of miraculous. From the Toreros of the University of San Diego to the Cardinal of Stanford followed by the San Franciso 49ers of the NFL, goddaamn miracle.

Beyond idiotic and the facts. To think it he can't deliver at Michigan? Not fast enough, drop a game or two?

I say STFU. Nick Saban in 8 years at Alabama has 1 undefeated season.

We will hit paydirt many times with JH as our HC, in fact, I have already summoned the Royal Jeweler, Chief Alchemist & Metallurgist, working on NT Rings, custom-designs.
                              Last edited by Prime2; August 19, 2016, 07:13 AM.
                              "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• I thought HARBAUGH!!!!! did a nice job of keeping the OSU score down to 4 scores.
                                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Working...
                                X