Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Football, Team 137, 2016 Season.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harbaugh's first elite year is this year. (Last year's was just excellent.) Did you even watch Michigan score a TD on every possession? I don't see how you make a comment like that after today's action.

Last time I heard from you on this subject, you were not impressed with M's running game. So we come out with a new tailback today who gains twice as much per carry as the old guys that you were unimpressed with.
    Last edited by Detroit Dan; September 3, 2016, 10:28 PM.

Comment

• Apparently, Brian of mgoblog and others were wrong about Evans. He's not just an H-back.
      “I knew Chris Evans was special,” Harbaugh said. “What you saw today was what we have seen in practice for the last month. He is a special football player, but you really didn’t get to see everything he can do. He can catch the ball out of the backfield, he can line up as a receiver, we will see that in the near future, he can play as a punt returner and a kick returner. He is a very special player.

“I expect big things going forward. He can do everything you would want a back to do. He blocks, he runs the ball between the tackles, he can run on the edge, he can catch the ball out of the backfield and he is a very good contributor on special teams. In a lot of ways, he will be used.” (Jim Harbaugh plays 17 true freshmen against Hawaii)
      Evans weighs 200 pounds, same as Barry Sanders.

Comment

• Evans reminded me of a bit of Toussaint (who I really thought was good) today. One of only 3 Michigan RBs to get 100 yards his first game.

Comment

• Fine by me, considering Hoke/Rod would have had a 19-7 type hard fought win. Don't recall hardly any penaltys on Michigan either.

Comment

• The defense took a step forward, and Speight rebounded after a shaky start. Those two things are very nice accomplishments for Game 1. The "elite" talk can come later, if it applies.

As of tonight, nobody in the country is more "elite" than Alabama.

Nobody.
            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Agree, but Southern Cal was overrated IMO - back to milestones, worst lose for SC since 1966 vs ND

Comment

• Comment

• I thought that was hilarious.

Worth every penny.

Comment

• I know the LSU QB sucked, but I am now going to worry about the Wisconsin game. I've been taking a beating from my neighbors and co-workers for years, and I thought this was the year I'd finally have some peace.
                    I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Wisconsin better start worrying about US.

Harbaugh played 15 freshmen.

He played 4 quarterbacks, and they threw passes to 11 different receivers.

He played at least 7 different running backs, and at least 4 different TE's.

Defensively, he played at least three platoons (3 strings).

Who should Wisconsin focus on?

ps ... and even at that, he held out a handful of starters due to nagging/lingering injuries.
                      Last edited by lineygoblue; September 4, 2016, 08:51 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post
                        I know the LSU QB sucked, but I am now going to worry about the Wisconsin game. I've been taking a beating from my neighbors and co-workers for years, and I thought this was the year I'd finally have some peace.
                        Im taking M in a slobber knocker. It'll be important to contain TJ Watt. That kid was all over the field wreaking havoc. Something about those Watts...so much energy.
                        Monkeys don't sell bananas.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                          Wisconsin better start worrying about US.

Harbaugh played 15 freshmen.

He played 4 quarterbacks, and they threw passes to 11 different receivers.

He played at least 7 different running backs, and at least 4 different TE's.

Defensively, he played at least three platoons (3 strings).

Who should Wisconsin focus on?

ps ... and even at that, he held out a handful of starters due to nagging/lingering injuries.

He played Hawaii...

Comment

He played Hawaii...
                            I agree with this sentiment.

I absolutely knew most would be touting M has a CFB playoff contender, if they weren't doing that before this game, would certainly be on that band wagon after throttling a not very good Hawaii team.

OL, esp. The OTs, and QB remain as my concerns for a possible play-off spot.

The variable unknown is HARBAUGH!!!

Anyone who has watched him and not found his antics silly knows there is something to this. It's not magic or his charisma. It's how he approaches the game.

This was the best prepared team for a season opener I've seen since Bo had his players playing confidently and inspired to open each season in the late 70s/early 80s.

It's not easy to keep that sort of intensity and focus up. If anyone can do it, it's Jim Harbaugh.
                            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

He played Hawaii...
                              Truth.

And the game went the way it should have went.

Or, have we forgotten the times when teams like Toledo and UMass came in here and how Michigan played made them look like the Green Bay Packers?

It was an excellent opening game, that showed Harbaugh not only knows how to get his guys ready, he also knows how to start getting game experience for people he will need right away next season.

Rocky .. enjoy the win! Its okay to enjoy it.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                                Or, have we forgotten the times when teams like Toledo and UMass came in here and how Michigan played made them look like the Green Bay Packers?
                                I've tried to! I'm quite happy with the direction of the team, but I'm not getting giddy over yesterday's scrimmage. Looking forward to the days of the Big Two and the Little Twelve.

Comment

Working...
                                X