Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Football, Team 137, 2016 Season.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
    As of tonight, nobody in the country is more "elite" than Alabama.

Nobody.

Saban is the absolute best of all time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Saban should go to the NFL. He won't though, because he wouldn't necessarily win there. He can get away with a lot more in the SEC.
      I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• whodean: I'm probably the only living soul in America that believes that Nick Saban is a good coach that is made better by where his office is. I think there are a handful of other coaches in America that could probably do the same, if their name was on the HC office door in Tuscaloosa. But again, that's just me.

Rocky - I'm not giddy about yesterday's win, but I am pleased that we saw a superior Michigan team that was well prepared and focused, and disposed of an inferior team the way they should have. Tougher challenges lie ahead, and I'm still very nervous about a lot of them. But still, it was an excellent start yesterday. For once, we saw a Michigan team that did NOT play 'down' to its opposition.
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post
          Saban should go to the NFL. He won't though, because he wouldn't necessarily win there. He can get away with a lot more in the SEC.
          Saban is where he should be. I think that he would win there with the right team. Just like any other good coach.

And he doesn't "get away" with anything. He is under the biggest microscope in college sports.
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
            whodean: I'm probably the only living soul in America that believes that Nick Saban is a good coach that is made better by where his office is. I think there are a handful of other coaches in America that could probably do the same, if their name was on the HC office door in Tuscaloosa. But again, that's just me.

Rocky - I'm not giddy about yesterday's win, but I am pleased that we saw a superior Michigan team that was well prepared and focused, and disposed of an inferior team the way they should have. Tougher challenges lie ahead, and I'm still very nervous about a lot of them. But still, it was an excellent start yesterday. For once, we saw a Michigan team that did NOT play 'down' to its opposition.
            Same with Harbaugh. Where you coach is important. Saban has improved teams everywhere he has been head coach. He's a better coach now than he ever has been.
            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Saban is an excellent coach in a terrific spot to be successful. All of Alabama, Texas, Florida, FSU, Michigan & USC have struggled when they didn't have good coaching staffs.

Tough to question 4 NT's in the last 7 seasons.

Comment

• "Saban should go to the NFL. He won't though, because he wouldn't necessarily win there. ""

Uh...been there done that Rock! Oh how quickly we forget!

Comment

• Back to Michigan...

Tough to make too much about the game given the weak opponent, M's backups were more talented than Hawaii's starters. Truly a JV vs varsity competition; you don't learn as much in these match-ups. What Michigan did was what they were supposed to do, dominate. Chris Evans lived up to the pre-season hype, Speight minus the first pass did everything you'd hope for. M's defense scored 14 points, allowed 3.

M looks ready to play UCF who returned most everyone from their 0-12 squad and beat FCS South Carolina State 38-0...

The schedule progresses nicely IMO for M, a tougher opponent every week till Wisconsin in week 5 which could be tougher than a lot here expected.

Comment

• I've not changed my mind much about M's upcoming opponents.

UCF: Better than Hawaii. New head coach, Scott Frost, new offense. Something I just did look at was their offense against South Carolina State who they thrashed 38/0 like they should have. Downside in that game: like a lot of spready teams, they have trouble finishing drives. At one point they lead by a score of 12/zip. All field goals.

I'd call it spread to pass although watching some film they do some read option stuff. They have big wide receivers and smallish type RBs. The wides may challenge our DBs. The OL is stout at > 300 pounds all the way across it. That's a pass blocking group if size is a measure, not an agile, zone blocking group to support a run game between the tackles out of a read option offense. They'll try the stretch plays though but mostly fail.

I don't think M's D is going to look shockingly good against UCF like they did against Hawaii but they will still look good. I'm glad Lewis will be back. Tacos replacement is Rashan Gary who payed pretty well. If you saw his injury, even though he walked off, he's not going to play against UCF. Harbaugh has already played his stars very cautiously. Carlton is a star. Protecting the edge against UCF will be key. LB and S play will do that. M's O is going to look serviceable. Nothing dominant and they'll move the ball and score. Lots of passing going on, none of it deep. Line later today but it's probably going to be at least -25.

CU: Still the best OOC opponent. More spread diet for the D. This is good. M still wins.

PSU: No change after I watched parts of their first game. Good defense that will test the O but still a win.

Badgers: still not one of my predicted two losses. Watched a good deal of this game. LSU is just not good on offense and while their D is good, it's not better than M's. Still a win.

Rutgers away: no change. They are awful.

Illinois (homecoming): No change even though they looked good against Murray State, they'll be 3/3 when they face M with loses to UNC, WMU, NEB, and wins v. Murray, Purdue and Rutgers, 3/4 heading home from AA.

MSU: Nothing I saw about MSU changed my mind about them. M has to win this game. It could still be a loss. MSU can look like shit before they play M home or away, play like shit during a game and still beat M. It's what they do. Until I actually see an M football team take it to MSU, I won't believe they can beat them.

Maryland: they've opened their season before with big wins and fallen apart in conference play. I strongly dislike Ash. M still the pick for me in this game.

Iowa: This game is a toss up for me still with a lean toward a loss. Nothing has changed. But Ferentz is still Ferentz. Doing his best imitation of Carr/Hermann, after building a commanding lead v. Miami (OH), they were back in the game late 4th.

IU: I want Brown's boys to bury Kevin Wilson's offense to prove a point. I want it bad. M will win with "character and cruelty" shutting those squirrels down big time.

osu: no change. ufm solidifies himself as being at the same level as Saban with his 77 point destruction of Bowling Green. Oh, and that douch did run the score up when he saw what Harbaugh was doing in AA. Fuck osu. Still, ufm is a great recruiter and coach ..... a plug and play master with the talent to match. M records their second loss. I wonder if talent has changed his mind about his pick (M wins) after seeing how those guys that were plugged in performed?
                    Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; September 4, 2016, 02:21 PM.
                    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Short answer is no. Can discuss details in OSU thread because this is off topic.
                      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                        Saban is where he should be. I think that he would win there with the right team. Just like any other good coach.

And he doesn't "get away" with anything. He is under the biggest microscope in college sports.
                        He has nothing left to prove in college. Let him go back to the NFL - yes, I know he was in Miami, Stan - and see if he can win there. I know Saban's a great coach, but I tire of hearing fans say Harbaugh isn't the equal of other coaches (Dantonio) because he hasn't won Big Ten or national championship. I guess the NFC Conference championship that took San Fran to the Super Bowl meant nothing. Harbaugh proved himself in college and the pros. Saban would have to rely on the draft, couldn't over-sign, nor rely on SEC bagmen if he were in the NFL.

Comment

• Michigan Football, Team 137, 2016 Season.

Alabama is Saban's final job, he's no spring chicken, getting paid $7mil, doesn't need the NFL wringer

But yeah, best college coach of all time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Atlanta, GA

Comment

• I disagree...

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post
                              He has nothing left to prove in college. Let him go back to the NFL - yes, I know he was in Miami, Stan - and see if he can win there. I know Saban's a great coach, but I tire of hearing fans say Harbaugh isn't the equal of other coaches (Dantonio) because he hasn't won Big Ten or national championship. I guess the NFC Conference championship that took San Fran to the Super Bowl meant nothing. Harbaugh proved himself in college and the pros. Saban would have to rely on the draft, couldn't over-sign, nor rely on SEC bagmen if he were in the NFL.
                              Speaking of oversigning, you know that's what Harbaugh does, right?

And Harbaugh has twice as many bagmen at M as Saban does at Alabama (I see now how easy it is to hurl a completely unsubstantiated BS accusation).

Comment

• I believe you, Bob.

Save
                                Save
                                Save
                                Save
                                Last edited by Rocky Bleier; September 4, 2016, 04:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X