Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Football, Team 137, 2016 Season.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With the enormous question mark at quarterback, it's far too high. The defense should win nearly 7 of the games on the schedule themselves as long as M doesn't have a '08 caliber offense...

The rest the pieces are nearly there to contend at a very high level; B1G, NY6 bowl. OOC is one of the worst we'll ever see; UCF, Hawaii & Colorado... M should 'look' spectacular against a couple of the worst teams in Div I and one of the worst in P5 before hosting Penn State then Wisconsin where we'll finally find out how good they really are... Then M finally plays a road game at Rutgers in mid October before their bye week...

B1G schedule isn't very kind, playing OSU, Iowa & Sparty all on the road, maybe their 3 toughest games... One of those lousy 'even' home schedules; Penn State, Wisconsin, Illinois, Maryland & Indiana... Wisconsin helps make it look a little less miserable as does the 5 B1G home games...

Comment

• That's why I don't think 11-0 heading into Columbus is realistic.

This team will be as good as the QB position is. If that's O'korn, or an immensely improved Shane Morris, they're going to have to have a great season. I think the defense could be scary good, but like any great defense, you still don't want them on the field all the time. The offense has to do its part, and that all begins with the QB.

I will say that if this team finds a way to go into Columbus at 11-0, they better win that freaking game, AND the B1G Championship. You can't waste a season like that with a stupid loss at the Snake Pit.
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Harbaugh's work with Jake Rudock was beyond stupendous. The kid is an NFL draft pick after being castoff by Iowa.

O'Korn has been running the scout team, coached by JH non-stop, roomed with Rudock while sitting out a whole year. He is ready, the West Bloomfield coach that watched most bowl practises said O'Korn was the best QB on the field, without question.

O'Korn played 2 years, sat one and now starts his 4th year at Michigan, he is ready.
        "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• I think we'll see a slip-up too before going to Columbus, one of Iowa or Sparty; neither of whom will be as good as they were in '15 but playing at Sparty and Kinnick is tough. Wisconsin at home is another possibility, it revolves entirely around how well M is able to find a QB and fit him in the offense...

All the other pieces to the offense are there, everyone returns but Glasgow and Rudock. Offensive line should be very good to excellent, receiving corps with Chesson, Darboh and Butt should make any QB look a lot better than they actually are... De'Veon Smith is good enough when he's close to 100%.

Comment

• I think QB will be fine. Season will be defined by the LB position, where there aren't many good answers there right now unless Devin Bush Jr plays like a veteran.

Comment

• I'm with the Deviner, OP, on this one. I too think O'korn is beyond ready based on observations of his play and what JH did with Rudock. The OOC schedule gives O'Korn, who really may or may not need this, a warm up or NFL like pre-season set of games before a big, friendly crowd.

I also like the schedule where M doesn't go on the road until October and then it's Rutgers. If M is playing at a high level by then and has a lot of confidence, beats Rutgers, then Illinois at home, love their chances in EL. That's really the first test of where JH has taken the team.

After that it's the Terps at home followed by what is probably the biggest road block to setting up a match of undefeateds in c-bus to close the regular season, Iowa. If you've never been to an M/Iowa game in Kinnick, it's hard to appreciate how hard it is to win there no matter what the game looks like on paper. The fans are right on top of the field, I mean right on top. Tough venue.

M just crapped the bed in AA in 2015 v. the bucks. Too early to even think about that match-up for 2016
              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
                With the enormous question mark at quarterback, it's far too high. The defense should win nearly 7 of the games on the schedule themselves as long as M doesn't have a '08 caliber offense...

The rest the pieces are nearly there to contend at a very high level; B1G, NY6 bowl. OOC is one of the worst we'll ever see; UCF, Hawaii & Colorado... M should 'look' spectacular against a couple of the worst teams in Div I and one of the worst in P5 before hosting Penn State then Wisconsin where we'll finally find out how good they really are... Then M finally plays a road game at Rutgers in mid October before their bye week...

B1G schedule isn't very kind, playing OSU, Iowa & Sparty all on the road, maybe their 3 toughest games... One of those lousy 'even' home schedules; Penn State, Wisconsin, Illinois, Maryland & Indiana... Wisconsin helps make it look a little less miserable as does the 5 B1G home games...
                Teams are winning national championships regularly with 1st year starters at QB now. Delete that entry from the excuse-ipedia right now.

No excuses next year. Zero.

Comment

• I have a feeling O'Korn will be better than Ruddock. If that's the case, then Michigan is a contender for the whole thing.

Comment

• No Taysom Hill chatter? If JH didn't have O'Korn ready to go, they'ed be looking for a Grad Transfer, I doubt it.

Harbaugh had 13 games with Rudock, by the start of next fall, O'Korn will have been under the tutelage and guidance of JH for 21 months. He has had 2 seasons of QB play already, not a frosh.
                    "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• Prime, I'd love to have Taysom Hill, but the chatter doesn't seem to be leaning toward him coming to Ann Arbor. So, I'm pretty much resigned to O'Korn or a (he better be) vastly improved Shane Morris. With any of the above, I think Michigan's QB duties will be in good hands. Put it this way, if Shane Morris beats O'Korn for the starting job, that means he's earned it, because Harbaugh will NOT just "hand" him the job. He'll have to earn it by being the best QB on the roster.
                      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Hackett talks scheduling, night games, and the Big10's media contract

The University of Michigan interim athletic director appeared Friday morning on the “Michigan Insider” radio show

Comment

• The only positive Shane Morris provides is that it will be his last year on scholarship.

Comment

• I expect he'll be a grad transfer after next season.

Comment

• WR Brian Cole to Kentucky.

“Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• After seeing Rudock versus Utah and Rudock versus Florida, I'm pretty confident we will always have at least decent QB play.
                                To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

Working...
                                X