Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Football, Team 137, 2016 Season.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking about Navarre, it used to piss me off how a lot of his passes would get tipped at the line. YOURE A GIANT!! HOW DOES THAT HAPPEN SO REGULARLY!
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pasadena Blue View Post
      As we enter the second half of the season realizing we have a pretty decent football team, I am worried that JH had made a mistake in going with Speight.
      We have a defense capable of covering up a lot of mistakes by the offense. But no way we can beat O-state without having an offense to outscore them. I think we would have a much better shot in C-bus with O'Korn over Speight.
      Hmmm. Pasadena Blue's opinion versus that of Jim Harbaugh. I assume you've seen a lot of O'Korn, PB?

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
        Maybe the same thing went wrong with O'Korn that went wrong at Houston.
        That makes as much sense as anything, but Speight has been pretty lucky to not have thrown about three or four more picks, so he can't be all that airtight in practice either. Whatever the case, it probably means that O'Korn is never going to get meaningful snaps without an injury to Speight, since next year is his last and as a fourth year junior with hundreds of pass attempts under his belt he probably has no more upside.

Comment

• I personally was puzzled by the love for and optimism surrounding a QB that lost his job at Houston.

And I think Speight looks good and, in relative terms, really good for his first year of starting.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• He lost his job but his issues are/were fixable with coaching. Speight's mostly aren't.

Comment

• Agree with Talent.

Comment

• I like PFF for it's objective measures. The link below is a very good article from PFF comparing osu and M by position group.

Like I've harping about as the key to The Game - Quarterbacks - this one is the best part of the otherwise excellent analysis:

Quarterbacks: Edge Ohio State

J.T. Barrett?s running ability is an X factor

There?s an obvious running factor that skews this position heavily toward the Buckeyes, but in terms of passing, Michigan?s Wilton Speight and Ohio State?s J.T. Barrett aren?t far different. Speight has been consistent on shallow throws, as he has completed 76.5 percent of his throws shorter than 10 yards through the air from the line of scrimmage. While he has shown flashes of being able to work the ball on intermediate and deep balls (seven of his 11 touchdown throws have been on balls at least 10 yards through the air), his accuracy has been very inconsistent from game to game. He has completed just six of 22 deep shots (throws at least 20 yards through the air), and has not completed any of his four deep attempts outside the right numbers.

Barrett has been more successful on his deep throws, as he has completed 13 of his 32 attempts in the category. His overall QB rating is 113.2, compared to Speight?s 101.9. However, Speight has been more efficient when under pressure, as he holds an 85.5 to 71.7 edge in QB rating when threatened by the rush, and only one of Barrett?s 16 touchdown passes have come while under pressure.

Barrett?s running ability is of course one of the man catalysts of the Buckeyes? zone-read offense, as he is averaging 5.2 yards per carry and has forced 12 missed tackles on his runs. That?s the biggest deciding factor here.

..... and also been harping: Get some pressure on jtb, contain and force him to throw, more bad things are likely to happen to osu than to M.

NB: M is good at getting pressure on QBs but osu's OL is good at preventing that from happening.

Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I haven't watched much Michigan football this year, but Speight has looked OK to me. If you have the number 1 defense and good special teams you don't need Peyton Manning. Let's put it this way, I'm more impressed with Speight than Alex Hornibrook.

Comment

• The thing Speight has done well is avoid sacks. He's not that mobile but he's avoided some really key sacks that he shouldn't have gotten out of. There was one in particular against Wisc that was right near the goalline. He had no business shedding the sack but turned it into a first.
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• You need a great QB to win at a high level. It isn't the 1980s anymore. The explosion of spread offenses and teams that can score 50 points per game has made game managers obsolete. We'll need 40 points to beat OSU.

Comment

• I think we'll def need to score more than they will. With this D I doubt we need 40 tho
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• The key will be keeping the squad healthy
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Look no further than Jake Coker for the need for a great QB.

Comment

• " The explosion of spread offenses and teams that can score 50 points per game has made game managers obsolete."

Yeah look how Alabama has suffered over the last decade with "game managers"

Comment

• PLEASE DONT SAY DICKROD IS COMING BACK! DIDNT WE TRY THAT ALREADY?!?
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X