Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Football, Team 137, 2016 Season.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Query, is it possible Rudock progressed as one might expect a senior in his third year of starting to progress?

2013: 59.0%, 6.89 YPA, 18 TD, 13 INT, 126.5 Rating
    2014: 61.7%, 7.06 YPA, 16 TD, 5 INT, 133.5 Rating
    2015: 64.0%, 7.76 YPA, 20 TD, 9 INT, 141.5 Rating

By way of comparison, CJ Beathard at Iowa last season and his limited 2014:

2014: 56.5%, 7.01 YPA, 5 TD, 2 INT, 129.1 Rating
    2015: 61.6%, 7.76 YPA, 17 TD, 5 INT, 139.5 Rating

Rudock was fantabulous against Rutgers and Indiana. And he was, indeed, very good against Florida. And, heck, I thought he made some great throws against Ohio State to keep that score respectable. That said, is it possible a significant, if not majority, reason for his improved numbers was good ol' fashioned soph-junior-senior growth curve?

I throw it out there for you folks to mull over or, most likely, mock.

Anywho, M is top 5 guaranteed to start the season. If Alabama wasn't Alabama and Clemson wasn't bring back an entire team that was considerably better than M last year, then I think they'd have a shot at #1. As it is, they'll be #3 to #5 and prohibitive favorites to win the B10.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• You're right. Harbaugh and Jed Fisch had absolutely nothing to do with Rudock's improvement. He was simply due to have an excellent season. That's why Ferentz showed him the door.

Yeah I bit on the troll, but it was worth it.
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Teams that will be ranked ahead of Michigan next season. ... in no particular order, Alabama, LSU, Ohio State, Clemson, Baylor, Texas Tech, Oklahoma, Florida State, old Miss, and there are probably more. Michigan will likely be rated somewhere in the top 15 my guess is anywhere from 12 - 15

Comment

• Well, at least you didn't delete an honest, fair-minded post. You still can't read for shit and remain utterly close-minded and daft. But, you're making progress.

So, yeah...you're right...HARBAUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Michigan will likely be rated somewhere in the top 15 my guess is anywhere from 12 - 15
            No. Just, no. Most realistically, 4-7.

Comment

• And here you had everyone thinking you were a nice fellow....

But whatever. ...

Comment

• I certainly have zero intention of having you think I like or respect you. You know, I treat people how I'm treated...

But, yeah...whatever....

Comment

• Alabama, LSU, Oklahoma, Florida State, Clemson, Iowa, at least one of Baylor or Texas Tech. . .

Slide Michigan in where you think they belong. And I didn't even include Ohio State. They're ahead of Michigan until they beat them, IMO.

Comment

• Iowa and Texas Tech are just no way.

Clemson and are locks for the top 2.
                    Oklahoma is, IMO, probably #3
                    Baylor, Michigan, Florida State, LSU, Stanford, ND and Ohio State are probably in the top 10. I think pollsters will be enamored with returning starters, as they should be, but at the same time express some concern over QB (M, FSU, Stanford and LSU all have that issue).

I'll say Michigan, Baylor, FSU, Ohio State, LSU, Notre Dame and Stanford to round out the top 10. Tennessee will be a trendy play, to, but I'm not sure they've done enough in the past to get them into the top 10, even though they will have gads of talent back.

Comment

• Agreed ...... Much of what showed for Rudock was experience. Probably more experience in Harbugh's offense though, seeing the field and the game like JH wanted him to be able to see it and it was the coaches that had to get him there. So, credit to them as well.

Compare Gardner for example. He never looked like he grew, regressed is more like it, and he had a huge amount of talent, I'd argue, horribly wasted by incompetent coaching and an incoherent offense under Borges and the rest that followed him.
                      Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; February 8, 2016, 10:05 AM.
                      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I like UA at 1, Clemson at 2 and OU at 3. After that its hard. M fits in any where from 4-10. Likely on the back end of that range until O'Korn plays big.
                        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Every early poll for 2016 that I've seen has Michigan around #5 (give or take). They will certainly enter the season with a solid top 10 ranking.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                            I like UA at 1, Clemson at 2 and OU at 3. After that its hard. M fits in any where from 4-10. Likely on the back end of that range until O'Korn plays big.
                            I'll buy a preseason ranking as high as 8-9, but more likely in the 11-15 range. They'll get props for the D, but pollsters will penalize them for the uncertainty at QB.

Comment

• Nope. They'll be around #5 going into the season.

Comment

• I think what impressed most about Rudock's progression last year was how his game evolved from what it was at Iowa, where he was a game manager who couldn't/wouldn't throw deep or take calculated risks. He started that way at Michigan too but evolved into the focus of the offense that could actually stretch the field and how his play opened up the running game instead of the other way around.

Comment

Working...
                                X