Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Football, Team 137, 2016 Season.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
    I have always looked at Speight as a long shot to stay on this team. He's not a technician with his accuracy, doesn't have a plus arm and isn't athletic.

Maybe he'll surprise but his ceiling has to be low. Harbaugh is a miracle worker and deserves the benefit of the doubt but I'm not overwhelmed.
    I pretty much think this whole post is off, besides maybe the last sentence.

Comment

• I'm in the disappointed camp. O'Korn brought a lot more to the table with his running ability. But, if a guy turns the ball over, he can't start. I suddenly feel like we're LSU of the last several seasons. Killer D, some nice pieces all over the field and very mediocre QB play that lowers the ceiling on wins.

Comment

• Sorry to post this here, but if anyone is interested in doing a CFB Picks Contest (or NFL), lemme know. It's $75 entry; confidence picks. Winner usually takes home over $1200. Wingsfan and OP are currently active participants. If you're interested, lemme know and I'll send you the info.

Now, back to Wilson Speight for Heisman!
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
          I'm in the disappointed camp. O'Korn brought a lot more to the table with his running ability. But, if a guy turns the ball over, he can't start. I suddenly feel like we're LSU of the last several seasons. Killer D, some nice pieces all over the field and very mediocre QB play that lowers the ceiling on wins.
          Yup. Sounds about right. LSU for years has put out great RBs, WRs, and OLs in front of really shitty QBs and they have lost games because of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
            Why does it shock everybody? Cause O'Korn has better mobility? Scout team practice reports? Speight was better in the spring game and it really wasn't that close IMO. Not that hard to figure someone who knows the offense inside and out, makes good decisions and is accurate winning the job over someone who looks to run at the first sign of pressure, forces throws and doesn't necessarily know the offense as well. [Oracle]
            I did not see it that way AT ALL. O'Korn was in for 2 series, against the first string defense (Speight was against 2nd string), and scored TDs on both drives. Can't do any better than that, and Speight didn't.

But otherwise, I agree with Oracle that Speight can be fine and probably deserves the starting spot. I've watchedthese two for a few drives each. Coaches have much more experience in evaluating their respective pros and cons.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
              I pretty much think this whole post is off, besides maybe the last sentence.
              I can understand disagreeing with him not making the team. That might be a little off because I'm irritated but what tools does this kid possess that can make him a good QB for us?

O'Korn at least has the arm strength and athletic ability. I'm okay if Harbaugh doesn't like O'Korn because he can be prone for turnovers but is this all we have? I foolishly believed it was all a smoke screen to motivate O'Korn because he was a better talent and has real NCAAF experience.

I hope I'm dead wrong on this one and he's the next best thing. I'll be the first to eat crow.
              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                LSU for years has put out great RBs, WRs, and OLs in front of really shitty QBs and they have lost games because of it.
                The problem is we don't have the great WR and RB's to cover up those deficiencies for the QB.
                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I'm done now. Just ordered my Speight jersey

GO SPEIGHT!
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Doom and gloom was the same thing for Ruddock and he produced 10 (shoulda been 11) wins including a Florida ass whuppin'.

Oh ye of little faith. Trust the HARBAUGH.
                    “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                      The problem is we don't have the great WR and RB's to cover up those deficiencies for the QB.
                      We have the great WRs and TEs, at least. I think that Chesson is a legit Belitnikoff award candidate and Darboh is legit 2nd team All Big Ten type. And, of course, we know Butt. RBs and OL are good. Good enough to support a playmaker at QB, at least, but not good enough to carry a "game manager".

Comment

• Concur. Good teams will load up to stop the run and force Speight to beat them with his arm. I'm starting to think 9/10 wins is probably more realistic unless Speight comes out against Hawaii looking like the second coming of Dan Marino.

Comment

• Heh. The takes on O'Korn vs Speight from the offseason are particularly interesting in light of recent developments.
                          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• How successful M is able to deploy Peppers on the 20-30 expected snaps per game may be the determining factor of what this offense can do and the difference between 9-10 wins or 11-12 wins.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Can Peppers play QB? .

Comment

• We have no inside information on how the QB competition went. So, if Speight trots on the field as the starter on Saturday, it had to be because he showed the coaching staff that he was the best QB. Good for him, not so good for O'Korn.

This probably means that Peters is headed for red shirt, and I guess we'll see what this does to Shane Morris. Is he going to be a wild card player like he was in the Spring Game?

The benefit of all this is that all the QB's return next year, (Morris would be 5th year if he has one available) and McCaffery is added in the mix. IMO, McCaffery is headed for a red shirt unless he bulks up a bit in the meantime.

Overall, I like the future of the QB's. Its very bright, and will improve every year.
                                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Working...
                                X