X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is B1G baseball tourney in Omaha?
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I looked at the Big Ten website and I didn't see any mention of a Big Ten Baseball tournament. They're going straight from the regular season to the NCAA's.

That sucks for Nebraska because they usually get to host the B1G tourney in Omaha, I believe.

Its too bad Fauci didn't give his approval for outdoor activities a bit sooner. Maybe the B1G would have had the balls to stage its tournament this year.

I just happened to think, wouldn't it be ironic if we play football this season in largely filled outdoor stadiums, only to see the Big Ten Championship game attendance severely limited or cancelled because its held indoors?
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• It sucks for the entire B1G that they eliminated non conference scheduling this year. Absolutely ridiculous. Only P5 to do that. The B1G more than any P5 MUST load up in non conference because the conference is weak by P5 standards. Highest RPI right now is M at 24 because their schedule was more front loaded...I think both UNL and M will end up upper 20's which means a low #2 seed in a regional...with a tough out to win it. I can see Iowa and Indiana at a 3 and 4 respectively...and OSU on the bubble. OSU really takes it on the chin with no B1G tourney. The likelihood of any B1G team making a Super is very unlikely.
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• It sucks for the entire B1G that you won't STFU

Comment

• STFU

...and shaddup whilst yer at it...

Thanks buddy.

XOXOXO
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Congrats to the Michigan Softball team as they are the 2021 Big Ten Champions. The Wolverines won Friday's game against Minnesota 3-1, and then swept today's double header at Minneapolis by scores of 10-4, and 3-1. The Golden Gophers were the closest team in the standings, but the three wins have allowed Michigan to clinch the title, and qualify for the NCAA Tournament. Michigan is getting basically no respect, being ranked only 19th in the country, which is the highest ranked Big Ten team. Minnesota was ranked 23. Its not clear if Michigan will host a regional or not, since they are ranked so low. No Big Ten team has played an OOC game this year.

Michigan plays one more game against the Golden Gophers tomorrow, to close out the four game series. Michigan will close out the regular season next weekend with a 4 game series against Rutgers in Ann Arbor.

Comment

• Fuck Rutgers.

Comment

• The Softball team is in the Regional Final today in Seattle. Win today, and they're off to the Super Regional in Norman OK to play the Sooners.

The team got there by defeating Seattle University on Friday on a 2-0 no-hitter by Megan Beaubien. It was her 2nd no hitter in a row. On Saturday, Alex Storako scattered 3 hits while leading Michigan to a 2-1 win over the host Washington Huskies.

Michigan is 2-0 and only needs to win one game today to advance to the Super Regional.

In the NCAA's infinite wisdom, they have given Michigan the most difficult path to the CWS. They had to travel the furthest of any ranked team. The rest of the field in Seattle was Portland State, Seattle University and the Huskies. How Michigan fits in that group, I'll never know. Even by winning this regional Michigan's "reward" will be a trip to #1 ranked Oklahoma, on their home field to play a 2 out of 3 super regional. Oklahoma, meanwhile, will never leave their own state as long as they win. Their regional is in Norman, the 'super' is in Norman, and the WS will be in Oklahoma City.

All three Big Ten participants in the Softball tournament were sent on the road. Big Ten Champion Michigan was sent to Seattle, 2nd place Minnesota was sent to Los Angeles, and Northwestern got the 'best" seed by only having to travel to Lexington KY.

The NCAA hates northern softball teams. That message is clear.

And Baseball is about to find out the same thing.

Comment

• Nobody in the B1G has a shot at Omaha...the B1G sealed that by disallowing non-conference games this year...and nailed the coffin with no conference tourney. Only P5 to do either. Dumb. Mother. Fuckers.

UNL has made a living in the past on playing a brutal non-conference schedule...playing teams like A&M and Arkansas...who we have ties with...Arizona State...Texas...etc...even if you play .500 or slightly below it MAKES your RPI because our conference is DEAD LAST among P5 conferences and actually is worse than several G5 conferences.

With the CWS in B1G land...this makes absolutely no fucking sense at all.
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• The B1G deserves a MINIMUM of 3 teams in the Baseball NCAA's. A case could probably be made for as many as 4 or 5. Yet, we're likely to only get 1 or 2 at most.

Nebraska, Indiana, Maryland and Michigan should all be definite "in's". Even Iowa and Illinois can make a case for a spot.

Comment

• I think it will be 4. UNL should get a fairly high 2 seed unless M would sweep us. Even if we get a sweep don't see us as a 1. The others should be low 2 to mid 3. RPI will hold all back some. A P5 title should be a #1 but not this year.
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• The Softball team lost both games Sunday night to Washington. Its what the NCAA wanted, and they got it. Michigan dropped the first game 2-1, then lost the "deciding" game 10-5. Truth is, this regional was decided when the NCAA made Michigan travel farther than any conference champion, over 3 time zones, to play as a 2nd seed nearly 3,000 miles away. Nobody in the Big Ten or on State Street will say anything of course. They take their pre-planned butt whuppings with nary a whimper.

Its a shame that the NCAA, which claims to always have the best interests of student athletes in mind, does such stupid stuff in the name of "fairness". Yeah ... Duke deserved to host a regional instead of Michigan. Yeah, right. How did that turn out?

Baseball is about to get the same treatment. Big Ten participants are in for a screw job. Michigan might not even make the field.

Comment

• If M can win one in Lincoln they are in for sure liney...if swept they will be on the bubble...
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• B1G Baseball update...Maryland falls to Charlotte and Michigan falls to UConn in first round regionals...both will try to extend their seasons today...M trails CMU 3-1 in the bottom of the 4th currently and Maryland leads Norfolk St. 3-0 in the 3rd. UNL beats Northeastern 8-6 yesterday and faces a monumental task tonite in overall #1 seed Arkansas. The Hogs are coached by former UNL coach Dave Van Horn...who recruited current Husker coach Will Bolt in his first recruiting class...as he brought UNL Baseball to national prominence during his 5 year tenure.
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Yikes M now trails the Chippewas 7-1 in the bottom of the 7th...

...the Terps are up two touchdowns on Norolk St. in the bottom of the 7th...
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X