This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
    You think Wagner is making that big of a jump this year?
    He's German and thus worth double to any domestic team because he won't count as an international player. Very rarely do European college players stay in the US for 4 years because of that reason.

His skill set is obvious. It's really all up to him if he wants to take the immediate payday back home or develop himself for another year or two and become a first round NBA draft pick.

A lot of Mehmet Okur to his game. Big, agile and range out to the 3 point line. His defense isn't there yet but he's got NBA center written all over him. Just needs to show that he can consistently stay on the court for more than 20 minutes without fouling out. That's not happening this season but could happen in year 3.

That dunk he had against Marquette was eye popping. I lost half my beer but it was worth it.
    Last edited by Kstat; November 19, 2016, 09:17 AM.

Comment

• I'm pretty sure he'll stay for the NBA just for that reason.
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
        I'm pretty sure he'll stay for the NBA just for that reason.
        Ask Izzo about Erazeem Lorbek and he might tell you differently.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kstat View Post
          Ask Izzo about Erazeem Lorbek and he might tell you differently.
          Ask me about that and I'll say "Who the fuck is Erazeem Lorbek?"

Comment

With Irvin on his way out wing scoring may be our biggest need next season...
            I'm hoping Matthews or Poole will fill that role. I do like what I've seen of Watson so far, as well. He looks comfortable out there.

Comment

• Originally posted by *JD* View Post
              Ask me about that and I'll say "Who the fuck is Erazeem Lorbek?"
              Exactly.

Comment

• Next Wednesday will be another good test for Michigan. On the road vs. 4-0 South Carolina. The cocks feature one-time Michigan target P.J. Dozier and senior Sindarius Thornwell. Sin is averaging almost 21 PPG.

Comment

• Think we'll actually be favored in that one? I think both Marquette and SMU were -1 this week.

Comment

Exactly.
                    I think Wagner may already have garnered more attention from NBA scouts. I did look up the spartie guy. He played one year in 2003 and is currently in the D-League.

Comment

• Originally posted by *JD* View Post
                      I think Wagner may already have garnered more attention from NBA scouts. I did look up the spartie guy. He played one year in 2003 and is currently in the D-League.
                      Lorbek left for Europe at the first big contract offer and never came back. That's the point. And the Pacers DID burn a 2nd rounder on him but he never developed after he left MSU. It isn't like he wasn't on the NBA radar in college.

It's actually tougher to keep European recruits because they don't even need to be NBA caliber to be tempted to leave early, they only need to be Euroleague caliber, which is a much lower bar. I don't think Izzo has dabbled in Europeans since Lorbek burned him.
                      Last edited by Kstat; November 19, 2016, 11:19 AM.

Comment

Think we'll actually be favored in that one?
                        Maybe by a small margin. SC hasn't played anyone of note yet but this will be our first true road game. South Carolina was a bubble team last year but did win 25 games. They did lose 4 of their top 5 scorers off that squad.

If it were a home game, I'd expect us to win by 10 or so. It will be interesting to see if the team gets a little full of themselves after dominating the last two games against quality opponents.

Comment

Lorbek left for Europe at the first big contract offer and never came back. That's the point. And the Pacers DID burn a 2nd rounder on him but he never developed after he left MSU. It isn't like he wasn't on the NBA radar in college.
                          I don't know enough about his situation to see if it is that similar to Wagner's. Lorbek may have been looking to make money from the start. Mo seems pretty happy where he's at right now and still has a lot of room for improvement.

Comment

• I don't really care. I'm more amused that we were underdogs 2 nights in a row and both games were over by halftime.

Comment

• Most European kids who want to play in Europe, or get money fast, stay in Europe. It's the most direct route to playing there and getting money fast.

Anyhoo, I'm just catching up. Wow oh wow this has been a fun two days. Two tournament-quality teams completely dismantled in two days. And in such a completely different way then we are used to. Whether or not this lasts, and what specific way in which they come down to Earth I don't know, but I'm just shocked at how they did it, with defense and energy. Is there a coach more willing to adapt than Beilein?

Also part of the shock is what a goofy kind of physicality Wilson has. Coltish but springy.

Comment

• Up 25 and diving for the ball.

Comment

Working...
                                X