Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NW and Minny going down in Round 1...possibly M and Wiscy too...B1G at best goes 3-4 in first round...
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• FIRE BEILEIN. NOW.

Comment

• Anyhow, well, that seeding does feel like a screwing, but I would dearly love to beat Louisville. Glad we're playing on Friday and not Thursday at least. And, fuck the plane crash -- this is a GOOOOOOOOOD team.

Comment

• I'm freaking speechless.

What an absolutely amazing, improbable ride of epic proportions since that crushing Ohio State loss in Ann Arbor. They took my words and stuffed them right down my throat, man. Beilein in particular. And Zak, too.

No matter what happens in the dance...I'm proud of them.
          AAL: KhaDarel Hodges

Comment

• As for the committee and our seeding line and path -- yeah I was disappointed -- 10 of 12 wins to close the year, 2 wins over Purdue, 2 wins over Wisconsin, a win over Minnesota, thought we were gonna get a 6 seed for sure...I mean damn we got 24 wins, the same number of wins as Minnesota, and beat them this past week...but they get a 5 and we get a 7?

But hey I guess I need to get over it because the moments after the Ohio State loss I woulda gave them about a 1% chance of making it to the tournament...much less a 7 seed.

So fuck it I think it's time I just enjoy the rest of the ride for as long as it lasts.
            AAL: KhaDarel Hodges

Comment

• Michigan is the one getting screwed wow this is totally a shock.

Comment

• Seems to me the NCAA didn't think much of the B10, but the Worldwide Anti-Michigan Conspiracy is, indeed, powerful.
                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• They thought plenty highly of Purdue, MSU, and Minnesota. Relative to their record at least.

Comment

• Not sure what you're talking about re Purdue. They were the last #4 (#16 overall) -- that seems spot on. I guess Sparty could have been a 10, but having them at #35 is about right, too. The only perplexing seed out of the B10 is Minnesota at 18. Michigan at 27, Wisky at 29 and NW at 32 seem about right to me, too. It was a total meh conference.

But, yeah, looky at how M got SCREWED!!!! As always.

Comment

• Minnesota too high...other than that the B10 seeds are about what I expected
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Concur. Which means I have to be wrong.

Comment

• Michigan could have been a 6. Has a very strong argument that, with the season played out, it's the best team in the conference. Yet two teams from it got a higher seed, including one Michigan has just beat twice in the past two weeks. So I'm sure one can see the logic behind the disappointment.

That said, is what it is. Michigan was still terrible for most of January, and Wisconsin got a real rogering. I guess having MSU's AD as head of the committee, and MSU getting basically the same treatment as Wisconsin, is going to fuel suspicion. If you want to tamp down that kind of conspiracy talk, let's not have that sorta thing. For for Michigan, mostly it has itself to thank, for sleepwalking through that OSU game at home, along with a few others.

I haven't looked at exactly who Louisville is, but I'm just looking forward to the opportunity to beat them. I don't know that Michigan has it in them to do major, major damage in the tournament, but a shot at Louisville is appealing and there's no reason to be afraid. Let's just be aware of how smart Pitino is. Wagner's got to go out there and play smart on defense and know Pitino will be making it a priority to get him in foul trouble.

Comment

• Better worry about the Pokes first
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Has a very strong argument that, with the season played out, it's the best team in the conference. Yet two teams from it got a higher seed,
                              There's absolutely no way the NCAA will ever seed a team that finished 10-8 in the conference, a full 4 games back, as the highest seeded team from that conference (aside from an automatic qualifier, 1 bid league). Especially with a non-conference that is mediocre. That's not even plausible.

Comment

• 19-14 MSU at #9 is hilariously overranked (it helps to have your AD as chairman of the committee). Ditto for Minnesota at #5. NW, Purdue, and Maryland were appropriate. This might be a good time to point out that Purdue was 25-7, the same record that John Beilein's 2013 team had when they were also seeded #4. So much for the committee penalizing the B1G.

The other B1G teams as a whole were not ranked lower than you would expect, except for Wisconsin. Michigan got cornholed in a major way. Total surprise because that never happens.

Comment

Working...
                                X