X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FIRE BEILEIN. NOW.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
      Well said niff. He's been as accomplished as anyone else here and the reason the "bar is high" is because of him. Some will want a coach fired no matter what, so its best to ignore morons imo.
      I was one of those morons though, Oracle. Lol

But it really hit me when he officially became the winningest coach in program history. I started to think where this program was before he got here, and subsequently all they've accomplished since then. The guy has done A LOT with this program. Just dismissing all of that and trashing him at the first sign of adversity...pretty ridiculous on my part.

No matter what happens tomorrow or in this tournament, or next season and beyond, like I said in my prior post he's done more than enough to earn my respect. And that includes the down times, too.

Here's to Coach B

AAL: KhaDarel Hodges

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
        FIRE BEILEIN. NOW.
        I lol'd

Comment

• Oh I forgot that UM missed the tourney in 14-15'. But yeah, 7 tournament appearances in 9 seasons. 213 wins in ten seasons.

When prior to that this program's ceiling was the NIT.

Comment

• The program's ceiling was never the NIT. Beilein needs to be evaluated based on what we expect out of a Michigan basketball program. In that regard, both the Ellerbe and Amaker eras should be thrown in the garbage.

Comment

• I agree that Beilein should be judge according to a standard and not according to what happened before him. The and community school needed a while to be in shock before they were ready to really compete again in basketball. Michigan is a football school and the basketball team's top priority is to Do No Harm.

For now, it's go beat OSU and Louisville.

Comment

• By those standards, I think that he is -- okay. Three disastrous seasons in ten years. Two excellent ones. About four or five that fall into the category of "decent" or "mediocre". I'm not sure how I'll feel about this one in five years. It probably depends entirely on whether we make the second weekend of the tourney.

Comment

• He did lose entire seasons of Spike's and McGary's careers to injury, and most of one of Walton's, and most of two of LeVert's. Big factor. And Irvin's never been the same since that back injury. That doesn't mean he can run teams out there that don't hustle or D up, but it's not like he's been doing it on purpose. He's taken to long to do what needed to be done -- find a Donlon, and start stressing effort -- but if this is what it's like from now on, sign me up. I'll take the Xs/Os brilliance and his awareness of how to use assistants to mitigate his weaknesses.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                      He did lose entire seasons of Spike's and McGary's careers to injury, and most of one of Walton's, and most of two of LeVert's. Big factor. And Irvin's never been the same since that back injury. That doesn't mean he can run teams out there that don't hustle or D up, but it's not like he's been doing it on purpose. He's taken to long to do what needed to be done -- find a Donlon, and start stressing effort -- but if this is what it's like from now on, sign me up. I'll take the Xs/Os brilliance and his awareness of how to use assistants to mitigate his weaknesses.
                      Valid mitigating factors, to be sure. But boy it sure is hard to get excited about a coach when you are finding excuses for his failures as often as you are celebrating his successes.

Comment

• No doubt. But, for now, Beat OSU and Louisville. Go from there.

Comment

• DJ has to ATTACK.

Comment

• I guess the first foul wasn't on Rakhman. That was shitty. Good job by Donnal being aggressive.

Comment

• Whistle-happy refs so far. They need to attack the rim.

Comment

• Yup -- a cheap whistle on whoever was boxing out Wilson. GO TO THE RIM.

Comment

Working...
                                X