This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
    I have hopes for next year but they are tempered by the memory of two absolute dookies that Beilein put up following a promising season (09-10 and 14-15).
    Sorry- I hit EDIT instead of QUOTE the first time around.

'09-'10 is the only season to me where they really disappointed, although looking back, they really didn't have much talent. Just 2 guys who had cups of coffee in the NBA (though I think Manny is on a 10-day now with the Mavs!) and one was a true Freshman. They still should've at least made the NIT, though.

'14-'15 turns out differently with health. If both Mo and DJ are back and healthy next year, they're making the dance.

Comment

• They lost to NJIT and EMU back-to-back with everyone healthy.

If both Mo and DJ are back and healthy, just making the dance isn't making the grade.

Comment

• ... PG is the one question mark. Even if X does become a solid starter, depth is a bit of a question. Does MAAR back him up? Is Brooks going to be ready to run this offense for 10 minutes a game as a Freshman? Do they look to add a graduate transfer?...
        I actually think we are hurting next year at PG. X has not shown an ability to make shots, and he was dismal from the FT line during the tournament. I kinda compare him to C. Winston at State, and X is just simply not as good. So we will move from Walton to X and that is a large drop-off. It might be OK during the regular season, but Sweet -16 teams have excellent point guards. JMO.

Comment

• I like Eli Brooks' swagger based off of his highlights. Though I don't have high expectations next season for him.
          2017-2018 can be a rebuilding job at guard (minus MAAR)... then 2018+ will be good.

If M loses Wilson and Wagner though, big rebuild.
          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
            They lost to NJIT and EMU back-to-back with everyone healthy.
            Walton sprained his toe in the Villanova game and played hurt for a while after that.

If both Mo and DJ are back and healthy, just making the dance isn't making the grade.
            Sorry, my phrasing wasn't great there. I was meaning that they alone should carry us to a tourney bid.

Comment

• They took the floor against NJIT and EMU will a full squad. If you think that's a reasonable excuse, then you think that's a reasonable excuse. Or you could have watched for yourself. Maybe you did, and approved of the level of effort.

Comment

• Man it basically took me the entire weekend to get over that loss.
                AAL: KhaDarel Hodges

Comment

• Originally posted by Niffla View Post
                  Man it basically took me the entire weekend to get over that loss.
                  I'm surprised I shook it off. Frustrating to know know left at least one win on the table, but we got our big win over Louisville, and Oregon is fucking good.

Comment

• I look at the Oregon game as a springboard for 2018. They're going to be set to make a run, barring defections. They know how close they were and they're going to be loaded with depth they didn't have before.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                      and Oregon is fucking good.
                      I do think they're good, I mean they're obviously good...Pac 12 Player of the Year, Pac 12 Defensive Player of the Year, #3 seed...but still, I woulda put just about anything on it that Kansas would've dispatched them with ease

shows how much I know
                      AAL: KhaDarel Hodges

Comment

• Personally, I think the Oregon team that was chasing URI all game and, IMO, should have lost is more representative than the one that ran Kansas. But, that's basketball and one game offs.

Oregon wasn't particularly great in the non-conference. Their wins are P12 wins. If you like the P12 a lot, then that's cool. I did not, and my opinion didn't change after watching Arizona play 2 games against decent teams and then watching UCLA play against UK.
                        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I think it's fodder for the argument that there are no great teams this year. But AZ hardly even ran an offense. Sean Miller may be the new Steve Fisher. Another year of observation next year may confirm this theory.
                          Last edited by hack; March 29, 2017, 07:37 AM.

Comment

• I agree with that as well.
                            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I took them to win the whole thing. Figured Gonzaga was a weak 1 and the FF would basically be two home games.

Comment

• Dumb
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X