Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hating on the $EC - Mostly Alabama (and a little Georgia too)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• not being gay, I don't give a fuck about their fashion sense.

This doesn't make any sense. Straight males spend a certain amount of time looking at women. Women wear clothes, which, when done right, enhances their appearance. Some of them do it better than others. You've got a writer's eye for detail, I've noticed. Why not apply it here?

Re the food, it's generally comfort food. Heavy; big flavors. Great stuff, but not particularly varied. Caveat: I'm allergic to seafood, so I cannot participate in what goes on in Louisiana, which I'm told is fantastic.

Comment

• You have to remember...where Bumpkin hails from, only the uppity women wear shoes.

Adjust expectations accordingly.

Comment

• One of the great things about northern weather is that women wear calf-high leather boots if the snow and salt aren't too bad.

Comment

• Concerning myself with the fashion choices of women is different than women dressing nicely or provocatively or femininely. It's different than whether or not it's the latest fashion.

I don't know or care about the latest fashion.
          Last edited by AlabamAlum; January 4, 2017, 06:38 PM.
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild Hoss View Post
            You have to remember...where Bumpkin hails from, only the uppity women wear shoes.

Adjust expectations accordingly.
            You know, I like sass. That's just not funny. Not even remotely. And I like funny. That's like a guy pulling his eyes into a slant and saying "ching-chow, ching-chow." Sure. We get it. It's not that it's offensive or whatever. It's not. It's just not funny. At all. Do better.

Come to think of it, what IS funny is someone from motherfucking Nebraska making hayseed "jokes". In fact, that is pretty hilarious. So, I guess there is something positive in it.
            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
              Don't worry AA, I have your back in the titanic rematch. I'll take a pint size, vainglorious tyrant over a phony anyday. So you got that going for you.

As for as the Lane Kiffin saga, it isn't manufactured outrage, it is just attention getting. Nothing involving Lane Kiffin ends well but the train wreck always attracts eyeballs.
              I really don't care who you pull for. I would like credit for bringing the word vainglorious to this board.

This Kiffin thing is not a trainwreck in my book. Your mileage may vary.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                One of the great things about northern weather is that women wear calf-high leather boots if the snow and salt aren't too bad.
                They wear boots throughout the winter down here. Boots aren't my thing though.

Comment

• I didn't know you brought vainglorious to the board, so credit to you.

Comment

• I believe I did, but I'm too lazy to search.

Comment

• I am pretty sure you did, so credit due for claiming the vacant title of Forum Thesaurus. I will be very happy to give you credit when you develop a sense of humor as well.

Comment

• I did. AA has always followed my lead. It all goes back to my requisitioning the Ivy thread nearly 20 years ago.

Sidebar: GFY, Ghost, wherever you are.
                        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• My sense of humor is second to none but, you know, I only find funny things, well, funny.

I know humor is difficult for people from America's hat, but you'll get there, big guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                            I did. AA has always followed my lead. It all goes back to my requisitioning the Ivy thread nearly 20 years ago.

Sidebar: GFY, Ghost, wherever you are.
                            I'm pretty sure I have you beat.

Comment

• Here, looks like it was Jeff, actually. In 2013. http://www.detroitlionsforum.com/for...ostcount=10395

Comment

• Buchanan! That had to be accidental and incorrectly used. I have the next recorded use. Fuck off, AA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vainglorious bastard.
                                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Working...
                                X