Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hating on the $EC - Mostly Alabama (and a little Georgia too)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeff..

agree. Presidents support the rules but don't support the NCAA in the powers to investigate. Therefore, rules and punishment are not applied equally.
    Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• "Impermissible Contact" is lazy recruiting. There is no need for it. Pulling kids outta class to pitch the program is not needed when you are Alabama or Michigan or even a middle-tier like Nebraska.

It was intentional, repeated, and he knew it was against the rules and had been cautioned before. If he would do this he might take other unnecessary short cuts.

Bye Bo.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Agree with you if your presentation here is supported by the facts uncovered by the NCAA during the investigation. I've not read the NCAA report. I assume you have. Not asking you to provide it for us.

Regardless, I believe a lot of the NCAA rules associated with contacting HS players are silly and overly complex to the point that it is easy to screw it up. I believe, in a general sense, this applies to most of what the NCAA does.

When you have to hire a compliance staff whose role it is to make sure nobody breaks the complex set of rules set out by the NCAA, you've got a problem with the rules.

I'm pretty sure any lawyers in the business of keeping corporations out of trouble with the Federal, State and local county officials where your business is located would tell us a lot of that kind of work is silly too and certainly adds unnecessarily to the to the cost and burden of doing business.
        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Mississippi lawmaker proposes bill that would curb NCAA investigations

Comment

• While I think Saban firing Bo was righteous, I agree that the NCAA is horrible. They are bloated in admin and thin in enforcement, and their COI hands out more disparate punishments than the worst kangaroo court. They should be torn down completely and rebuilt.
            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• And, as an aside, I am bitterly disappointed that my mild "middle-tier" sass found no purchase.

Bitterly.

Comment

• agree regarding the NCAA

Comment

• agree regarding Nebraska
                  Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                  Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• lol

Comment

• Alabama's recruiting dominance continues:

I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• LOL!!! Well done by whomever did it.

Comment

• Yesterday's news though.

Comment

• It's idiotic. People who think college kids don't drive cars? People not smart enough to know that you can still get a student loan and a Pell Grant even on scholarship make me sick. Just morons.

Auburn fans like to post pics of used chargers that a few Bama players have bought. Someone look up the blue book of a 2013 Charger with some miles on it, or maybe calculate the payment for a car and see if a student loan would cover it. Further, mom and dads save move for kid's colleges and pay into funds for it. When you get a full ride, that money can be spent elsewhere.

Comment

• Oh, the pic of the kid holding up $1k is new. Don't even know who that is, but it's not even enough money to buy an Apple laptop for your classes. Am I the only one who gave money to my son when he was in college?

These kids also get around $5,000/yr for incidentals iirc.

But, no, Bama handed him the cash to sign. Heh.

Comment

• anybody else notice how testy AA has become after the "best team in college football history" took a shit?

Comment

Working...
                                X