Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hating on the $EC - Mostly Alabama (and a little Georgia too)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ??

That is a common screed with me whether we win a NC or have to settle for a more mortal 14-1 record and a title game loss by 4 on a last minute go-ahead TD.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• If you are talking overall, I am 50% humor, 50% asshole, 10% informative, 20% contrarian, and 17% mathematical and logical purist - whether Bama wins or loses.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• You're 90% humor, 10% whining. There is, indeed, one sensitive spot. Easy to hit.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
          It's idiotic. People who think college kids don't drive cars? People not smart enough to know that you can still get a student loan and a Pell Grant even on scholarship make me sick. Just morons.
          LMAO

Comment

Further, mom and dads save move for kid's colleges and pay into funds for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
              You're 90% humor, 10% whining. There is, indeed, one sensitive spot. Easy to hit.

You misread me. I don't know what you do for a living but stay away from writing and analysis. Those are your weak points.

Comment

• I discuss things, give my opinions. Share my knowledge and wisdom with the unwashed here.

Some embrace that. Others are confused. They look at my posts with the cocked-head of the RCA dog looking at a victrola. I am here to educate and enrich. To enlighten and improve.

You. Are. Welcome.
                Last edited by AlabamAlum; January 27, 2017, 07:18 PM.

Comment

• I do writing and analysis.

Comment

• lmao.

What do you really do?

Comment

• Writing and analysis.

Comment

• (I'm a reporter. I cover developing-country economics and politics in Africa and the Middle East.

What about you? Employed by the school, I think, in a lab? My guess is Official Kool-aid tester.)

Comment

• Heh.

If you don't want to tell me, it's fine.

Comment

It's idiotic. People who think college kids don't drive cars? People not smart enough to know that you can still get a student loan and a Pell Grant even on scholarship make me sick. Just morons.

Auburn fans like to post pics of used chargers that a few Bama players have bought. Someone look up the blue book of a 2013 Charger with some miles on it, or maybe calculate the payment for a car and see if a student loan would cover it. Further, mom and dads save move for kid's colleges and pay into funds for it. When you get a full ride, that money can be spent elsewhere.
                            Just checked the Kelly Blue Book on 2013 Dodge Charger. Trade in value 25k.

Pell Grant max is 5920 (over 2 semesters)
                            2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• I think you may be kidding, but I will do the math for you anyway.

Prices range from $13,700 to $29,955 from a dealer.

See pricing for the Used 2013 Dodge Charger SE Sedan 4D. Get KBB Fair Purchase Price, MSRP, and dealer invoice price for the 2013 Dodge Charger SE Sedan 4D. View local inventory and get a quote from a dealer in your area.

Taking something in the middle and based on a 48-month loan, you have roughly 5k/yr in payments.

Pell Grant of 5.5k/yr
                              Student loan(s) up to 9.5k/yr (goes up each year)
                              Incidentals' stipend of 5k/yr

So, without any parental help, a young man can receive, tax free (or deferred), up to $20,000 in cash a year with a pell and around $14,500 without one. $5500 in car payments in a year are very doable.

A used 2013 is not an issue.

College kids drive. As I pass the student lot on the way to the faculty lot, I note that the kids are driving nice cars. These are not football players.
                              Last edited by AlabamAlum; January 28, 2017, 09:29 AM.

Comment

• Hack,

As far as my job, I was in hospital administration for years as a EVP/COO. Before I got into healthcare leadership, I held a variety of clinical positions. I retired, started a consulting firm, sold that, retired again, got bored, and then took an endowed chair of buggery, bourbon, and chainsaw repair at a large university.

I also do a lot of work with unwed mothers.
                                Last edited by AlabamAlum; January 28, 2017, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X