Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hating on the $EC - Mostly Alabama (and a little Georgia too)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You can't be serious. You have gone back to that bogus car website? lol. Just give up.

What is that? A grand? As I said before, you can't buy an apple laptop with that. And that is less than a Pell, much less than the stipend, and much, much less than a Fed student loan.

Further, that's a kid from NOLA, his family is not poor, and if you go to his instagram and scoll back, you see that's his birthday present from mom and dad.

But, yeah, I know. That thousand bought him. He then posted it a year after he was recruited. You can't even seriously believe the shit you're slinging.
    Last edited by AlabamAlum; February 28, 2017, 08:50 PM.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• The crack Alabama compliance department makes sure that all of the players' BMWs are paid for via mom's job at the factory.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
        You can't be serious. You have gine back to that bogus car website.

That bogus car website known as Instagram.

Comment

You can't be serious. You have gine back to that bogus car website. Just give up.

What is that? A grand? As I said before, you can't buy an apple laptop with that. And that is less than a Pell, much less than the stipend, and much, much less than a Fed student loan.
          Yes, yes, I know. The first thing that every kid does with his or her student loan money and Pell grant is cash it in for greenbacks and buy a BMW with the rest of it.
          Last edited by Hannibal; February 28, 2017, 08:28 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
            Alabama players scrape together everything that they can and eat Ramen noodles three meals a day so that they will have money for their $140,000 BMW I8s.

That's not his car.

This is also not his Infiniti:

That site you're getting these photos from orginally had 4 different cars with Eddie. Now, why a young man takes pics of himself with cars he likes, I don't know. If you want, you can do the tag search on the beamer and find that the owner lives in Miami.
            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

The crack Alabama compliance department makes sure that all of the players' BMWs are paid for via mom's job at the factory.

Um, that's not his car. Look over his left shoulder. It may give you a clue as to where that car is.

Comment

Yes, yes, I know. The first thing that every kid does with his or her student loan money and Pell grant is cash it in for greenbacks and buy a BMW with the rest of it.

Not with a thousand.

Comment

That's not his car.

This is also not his Infiniti:

That site you're getting these photos from orginally had 4 different cars with Eddie. Now, why a young man takes pics of himself with cars he likes, I don't know. If you want, you can do the tag search on the beamer and find that the owner lives in Miami.
                  I agree. Very weird that Alabama football players specifically like to take pictures of themselves next to cars that they totally don't own (and totally aren't borrowing ala Terrelle Pryor)

Comment

• Okay. He was given a BMW and an Infiniti! Or he likes to post pics of him with nice cars. Hell, I have a pic of me next to a 63 Vette.

Now, the question is, could he afford that used silver BMW on $20k/yr? The answer is yes. Is it his? Nope.

Comment

• I haven't seen AA owned like this since his mano y manos with BOJ, the Terror of Tuscaloosa

Comment

• Yes, you are correct. By aggregating every possible source, compiling a huge amount of unnecessary debt, and/or neglecting pretty much every other expense that you have, it is mathematically feasible that an 18 year old kid can afford a car like what the Vice Presidents of my company drive.

You got me.
                        Last edited by Hannibal; February 28, 2017, 09:03 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                          I haven't seen AA owned like this since his mano y manos with BOJ, the Terror of Tuscaloosa
                          lol

Comment

Yes, you are correct. By aggregating every possible source, compiling a huge amount of unnecessary debt, and/or neglecting pretty much every other expense that you have, it is mathematically feasible that an 18 year old kid can afford a car like what the Vice Presidents of my company drive.

You got me.
                            I have no idea where you work, and as long as it's honest work, I am not here to judge you, but a 2013 BMW 328i (which is what I believe is pictured) is not what I call expensive. $20k, give or take.

Now, is it smart for kids to do this? Nope. Nor, is it smart for them to get credit cards, stay up late and drink before a test, or smoke pot.

But, yeah, they do.

Comment

• And even though that's not his car, I looked up the value according to KBB, just to make sure I wasn't crazy: fair market is $14.8 to $18.2

Comment

• God how did I let myself get sucked into this dumbass conversation? I promised myself I was never going to do this again. Dammit.

Comment

Working...
                                X