Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hating on the $EC - Mostly Alabama (and a little Georgia too)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CBS talked to 20% of current CFB coaches off the record about NCAA violations. Over half believed that only about 10% cheat intentionally but overwhelmingly thought the SEC cheated far more than any other conference.

Someone also implies that Bear Bryant possibly paid for an athlete to go to law school on the condition that he'd work for the NCAA Infractions Committee and give the Bear heads up on any scuttlebutt. Is there any former Bama athlete to worked for the NCAA as an attorney that you're aware of? Just wondering if there's anyone that that even could've been.

Comment

• ...the gay Bear was as pure as the wind driven mud...
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
        CBS talked to 20% of current CFB coaches off the record about NCAA violations. Over half believed that only about 10% cheat intentionally but overwhelmingly thought the SEC cheated far more than any other conference.

Someone also implies that Bear Bryant possibly paid for an athlete to go to law school on the condition that he'd work for the NCAA Infractions Committee and give the Bear heads up on any scuttlebutt. Is there any former Bama athlete to worked for the NCAA as an attorney that you're aware of? Just wondering if there's anyone that that even could've been.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...or-violations/

lmao...precious.
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Anyway.

Yeah, you get your ass handed to you enough, and watch the SEC win 8 of the last 11 national championships, and you may be be grasping for a reason.

As far as Bryant, he never, ever, suffered any sanctions. Ever. In 1964, he recieved a public reprimand because he talked to an Ole Miss player who wanted to transfer. So, that's it. One letter of reprimand in his 25 seasons at Bama, but that so incensed him that he put a kid through law school so he could be hired by the NCAA and one day infiltrate and take over the COI? Heh. The University of Alabama has had many distinguished law grads. Why would Bryant go to an undergrad instead of just getting an established lawyer to take over the NCAA? The story is a very old, twice-told fable that only rubes give the respect to ponder. In closing, NASA faked the moon landing, jet fuel can't melt steel beams, Clinton shot Vince Foster, and di-hydrogen monoxide has been found in 100% of the US's drinking water - a substance that is also found in nuclear power plants and tumor cells (among other things).

DSL, you're better than this. (granted, not by much, though. Heh).
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Just wondering if any Bama athletic grad ever served on the Infractions Committee that could even begin to justify that accusation.

It's not the Saturday Evening Post, but Dennis Dodd's column has won world-wide acclaim for its infallibility and steadfast devotion to the facts.

Comment

• Nothing can justify that. It's nonsensical. One letter of reprimand in 25 seasons does not begin to explain some plot to get an undergrad to go to lawschool with the ulterior motive of taking over the COI. It's beyond ridiculous.

Now here are the facts: The managing director of the COI is Joel McGormley. Joel is a son of Ohio. Years ago, Woody Hayes decided to pay for his lawschool so he could run the COI. The shrewd Hayes stipulated that Joel not go to Ohio State for two reasons: (1) it's a crap law school. No competent lawyers have ever graduated from there. (2) to avoid any appearance of impropriety. So, Buckeye Joel went to the University of Toledo and the rest is history. Capital F Facts, right there.

Comment

• Buried in your defamatory accusations is a harsh truth about OSU Law School.

Comment

• Heh.

But tell me, If I had come to you with that McGormley story, would you have given it any credability? Would you have stroked your chin in deep reflection and said, "You know, AA might be on to something here!"

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
                    Stanford is pretty close to Washington & USC... Stanford plays both and gets Washington at home, so they'd have tiebreaker if they beat Washington...

USC has no competition in the South, none. Colorado graduated a ton and will be back to mediocrity, UCLA still looks mediocre too and everyone else will struggle to win 6 in the South. Pac 12 North is a lot tougher and could see Oregon & Washington State challenging some of Washington & Stanford.
                    Yup that Washington at Stanford game appears to be a huge one for the PAC12 North. Seems likely Washington will be 9-0 by the time they play each other because of all of the cupcakes on their schedule.
                    Whereas Stanford has a tough early game, at USC. That will be fun. Also at Utah and at Washington St can be tricky. As down as Utah appears to be in 17, playing at Utah is a tough place to play.
                    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Normally I would regard it as beyond the pale, sir, but in Alabama, the home of loyal sons Robert Bentley and Mike Hubbard, anything goes.

Not even trees are safe.

Actually I just wondered if this Infractions Committee conspiracy theory is something you'd ever heard of before. I've no clue if there ever even were any famous Bama grads to have served on the Committee to feed the rumor mill.

Comment

• Hubbard went to Georgia!

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                          Hubbard went to Georgia!
                          Old Mother?
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Yes.

Comment

• Alright then. Two of 'em. Both had my father in 'em . It's peculiar. I'm older now then he ever was by twenty years. So in a sense he's the younger man. Anyway, first one I don't remember too well but it was about meeting him in town somewhere, he's gonna give me some money. I think I lost it. The second one, it was like we was both back in older times and I was on horseback goin' through the mountains of a night. Goin' through this pass in the mountains. It was cold and there was snow on the ground and he rode past me and kept on goin'. Never said nothin' goin' by. He just rode on past... and he had his blanket wrapped around him and his head down and when he rode past I seen he was carryin' fire in a horn the way people used to do and I could see the horn from the light inside of it. 'Bout the color of the moon. And in the dream I knew that he was goin' on ahead and he was fixin' to make a fire somewhere out there in all that dark and all that cold, and I knew that whenever I got there he would be there. And then I woke up...

Comment

• Is that an excerpt from the novel "Shane"?
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X