Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hating on the $EC - Mostly Alabama (and a little Georgia too)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's better. Thanks.
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
      Wow, Wiz, you cornholers do live in the past. That was 45 years ago.

That said, 3>2
      AA...you complete me...
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Xoxo
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I give a shit

we never nor will we ever attract 4-5 star recruits but we overachieve almost to the point of a national championship game on 2-3 occasions since snider took over
          this team will

hopefully one of his disciples can keep the program above water when snider retires

Comment

• They haven't done shit in 130 years, why should you suspect otherwise?

The world needs ditch diggers too.
            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• meow
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Kansas State National Championship Trophy Case:
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Hating on the $EC - Mostly Alabama (and a little Georgia too)

Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post

I stand by my contention that the SEC has been on a downward trajectory. Bet if we checked 2015 the story isn't much better for the conference either.

Bama rawks though.
                  Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Well, yeah.

The SEC's performance was a few std dev's higher for a while and now it's predictably returning closer to the mean. These things are usually cyclical. If that was your point, I agree.

Remember some years with the old Big 8 and SWC where Texas, Oklahoma, and Nebraska owned football? Same with the Big10 with M, OSU, Iowa, and a few others? (Etc, etc).

The SEC's results the last 4 years are good, but not like they were.
                    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Level of coaching in the SEC seems to have declined.

I look at the power programs that could challenge UAT, and they're led by Orgeron, McElwain, Smart, Malzahn and, to be very gracious, Butch Jones.

Maybe Kirby has it in him to get Georgia up there. But the other 4, IMO, have glass-ceiling'd themselves.

The B10 adding UFM and HARBAUGH!!!!! and, heh, Brohm, has really upgraded.
                      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I agree, talent.

Mcelwain isn't Urban. Ogre isn't Saban it Miles. And butch is -unbelievably- horrible.

Malzahn is not great, either.

Comment

• Malzahn is clearly the best of that bunch of intellectual quads. That's saying something.

Sumlin is a bit of clownshow, too, and Bert's ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory is stunning.

Mullen may be a really good coach -- I tend to think he is, in fact, pretty good -- but Starkvegas has it's own ceiling.
                          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Just shows how that run for the SEC was better than anything before or since in the modern era. Remember the Bama LSU defensive battles?
                            Atlanta, GA

Comment

• It's really surprising about Butch Jones, when he was an up and comer he was really thought to be awesome. I know coaches who would go to the CMU coaches clinic and would rave about the guy.

Circumstances and luck matter a ton with coaches.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                                Well, yeah.

The SEC's results the last 4 years are good, but not like they were.

The past 2-3 years It has been south of "good" (outside of Bama)
                                Atlanta, GA

Comment

Working...
                                X