Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hating on the $EC - Mostly Alabama (and a little Georgia too)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haha, it's that last part that seals the deal, huh?

Good, always liked Avery.

Comment

• Well, I added the last part because most non SEC people don't know that Bama has more SEC victories than any team not named Kentucky. While no one here competes with Kentucky, we're as good as the other suck-ass teams.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Arkansas has a better history, no doubt, but they joined late. So fuck them.
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• What about Florida, even tho their success was '94 and later.

Comment

• Exactly. Florida was later. LSU and Tennessee were 3 and 4.

Comment

• Tom Izzo went up against Florida and their vaunted press and said, "Not today."

Comment

• LSU and Tennessee at 3 & 4 says a lot.

Comment

• Dale Brown!

Comment

• LSU has a decent history, a final four with Dale Brown and decent for long stretches before that. Ditto Tennessee. Hated Bernie and Ernie. They were great players, though.

But, make no mistake, it was Kentucky and 9 little guys until Arkansas joined and Florida got Billy D.

Comment

• Lon Kruger!

Comment

• Wimp Sanderson: in 12 seasons at Bama averaged 22 wins a year, won 5 SEC tourneys, and went to 6 sweet sixteens. After Wimp, started off decent enough with Gottfried, but it's been a wasteland since.

Hopefully we'll have a decent season soon.

Comment

• I can think of a lot of good bama players, but not one good team. Ill be following them this year.

Comment

• Oh, we have had some good teams. It's been a while, though. I guess Gottfried's Elite Eight was the last good team. But that's been a good while.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                              Wimp Sanderson: in 12 seasons at Bama averaged 22 wins a year, won 5 SEC tourneys, and went to 6 sweet sixteens. After Wimp, started off decent enough with Gottfried, but it's been a wasteland since.

Hopefully we'll have a decent season soon.
                              Yep, Bama was good during his time, but when he coached there were a lot of really good teams. I think it was tougher to get over the hump then than it is now.

May be just my nostalgic impression, though.
                              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• LSU has a decent history, a final four with Dale Brown and decent for long stretches before that. Ditto Tennessee. Hated Bernie and Ernie. They were great players, though.
                                It's a story worth repeating. Back in 1987, ol' Dale and his #11 seed Tigers made it to the Regional Finals to play Bobby Knight's #1 seed Hoosiers. For the bulk of the game, Nikita Wilson, the Black Russian, was unstoppable. Well, more than the bulk of the game. LSU was up 75-66 with 4 minutes to play. That's when ol' Dale went into a stall. Completely took Nikita out of the game and put the ball in lesser hands. They managed 1 FT in something like their final 8 possessions and IU rallied for an improbable 77-76 win. At the press conference, Bobby Knight was semi-cordial, expressing his relief that LSU eliminated Nikita from the gameplan in crunch time. Off the record, he was asked if he was worried when down by 9 with 4 to play without the ball. He said (in substance), "No, I looked down at the other bench and saw Dale Brown and knew we had a chance."

That game (and Iowa's massive collapse against Vegas) fucked my very first NCAA tournament entry (I was one of the few of my dipshit friends who didn't have IU winning it all AND I had Iowa in the FF).

Fuck Dale Brown. Fuck IU.
                                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Working...
                                X