Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hating on the $EC - Mostly Alabama (and a little Georgia too)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^

Took about 3 miracles in one play for Sparty to win.

Comment

• Still haven't seen it. Walked out the door after they sent the punter on and on the way downtown didn't answer an email from my brother, but I had the sense of it. Had a concert that night (Old 97s, if anyone's a fan) and made sure to get good and toasty fairly quickly.

Comment

• Any other call would have been better, as it turned out.

They could have had Rudock throw the ball down field on a sideline pattern OOB, and that would have run of the last few seconds. Even had he been sacked, the clock would have expired. At the very best, MSU was looking at getting one shot into the endzone. Given past history, and the generosity of B1G officiating toward Sparty, I can understand why Harbaugh wanted to kick the stupid thing.

Oh well. That was 2015. As Bob Ufer used to say, "they wrap dead fish in yesterday's news". On to the new season.
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• ...or tell the punter not to drop the ball then heave it to the other team...that would work too...
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• FTR, the play began at the MSU 36. Punter was standing on UM 49. AA, Michigan ran the play clock down to 1 second and called TO with 10 seconds left. Sparty already used their TOs on defense. I don't see how Sparty's TO situation mattered for Michigan's last play. If we just ran into the line one more time, Sparty gets the ball back on their 36 yard line with 5 seconds left. Just execute a punt properly...
            Last edited by Mike; August 10, 2016, 05:32 PM.

Comment

• Or call ANY of several offensive holdings, as Sparty trots to the end zone.

I consider it a win anyway. Mike Dantonio removed his headset and began walking away, beaten.
              "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• I think Urbz didn't bother with a headset for most of the second half. Huge win for Harbaugh.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                  ...or tell the punter not to drop the ball then heave it to the other team...that would work too...
                  Well, there's that too ...
                  "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                    I think Urbz didn't bother with a headset for most of the second half. Huge win for Harbaugh.
                    Shouldn't you be watching homosexual synchronized diving from Rio about now?

"Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• Why couldn't you lure Rich Rodriguez to Bama, AA?

Comment

• I was never a RRod fan. I wanted Paul Johnson. Nick Saban was a pipe dream.
                        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Urban Meyer was my pipe dream, he landed with the enemy. Not fair he gets a 3-year head start vs Brady Hoke on Jim Harbaugh.

Comment

• Yeah, different time frame. UFM would have been my choice, but in 2006 he was at Florida and winning championships. That was unrealistic to me as Saban - who ended up coming.
                            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Brady Hoke had a full year head start on UFM, though. He took over a team went 3-5 in conference and went 6-2 and 11-2 overall beating Ohio State, capped his brilliant turnaround by winning the Sugar Bowl, landed the #6 class in the country and follow that up with an early recruiting season blitz that left all M fans absolutely giddy.

Coach Hoke's 2nd season was only 8-5, but of those 5 losses, 2 were to the teams that played in the national title game, 1 was to an undefeated Ohio State team, 1 was to an 11-2 South Carolina team and the last was to Nebraska when he had to play M's equivalent of Joe Bausermann in Lincoln. If Hoke had the opportunity to play M's 2016 schedule with his 2013 team, I think there's no question he goes 9-3 or 10-2.

But, in any event, HARBAUGH!!!!!
                              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• When OSU hired UFM thereby ending the long, cold dark Season of Fickell, AA told me that he'd do a great job but that he was batshit crazy. Something like that.

I actually just watched the end of Fickell's disgraceful loss to Hoke. I shake my head every time I see Braxton miss a wide open Posey for the win. And I can't fathom how any sentient, sane being thought Bausermann was a better option than Braxton.
                                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Working...
                                X