Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hating on the $EC - Mostly Alabama (and a little Georgia too)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AA...you had to be a big shot dint ya...you had to open up your mouth...you had to have the last word last nite...

you complete me
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• 1. This has zero to do with clean or dirty coaches.
      It has to do with dirty programs. The 10 year scandal at UNC is an example. Lower standards for entrance and lower academic standards advantage SEC schools.
      2. ACT and SAT scores have issues, too.
      which is what would be said by someone whose school has lower entrance standards, and is a concession that, in point of fact, SEC schools have lower average incoming scores on standardized tests.
      ...But Vandy, Georgia, Florida, Alabama, and a few others are well thought of generally in Academia.
      In the South maybe. Vandy certainly has a national reputation. If you don't like USNWR, here are some more.

Choosing a college is not easy. After seeing the top colleges in the country, your decision might be even harder. Browse and compare 2019's best colleges and universities.

https://www.forbes.com/top-colleges/list/5/#tab:rank (this one has Florida # 80 and Auburn # 195 and Alabama # 264)

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
        Michigan is the winningest team in the college football world. The Wolverines have more wins and a higher win% than Alabama.
        Does that include their wins over the juggernauts of McGill, Toronto, Stevens Tech, PA Military, Racine and Swarthmore???
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Geezer,

1. UNC is not an SEC school.

2. No, it is a fact, ACT and SAT both have known issues. At the very least, they should be used to identify weaknesses, not used as a bar to block admission to take general or core classes at a public university.

3. No, nationally they are thought of well in academia. Being in academia myself, I travel, lecture, and present a good bit and we talk of such things. While you may counter "that's anecdotal" -keep in mind, reputation rankings in those rankings like niche.com (lol) also are anecdotal. Anyway. Read what I wrote on undergrad programs again. Hell, read it twice. When you are able to undestand it, reply. Until then I am losing patience with you. I have not been feeling well of late and because of that I do not suffer fools with my usual affability.

4. Wise that you dropped your "hard evidence" article defense. lmao.
          Last edited by AlabamAlum; November 8, 2017, 03:56 PM.
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• The fact that AA is in academia should scare the shit out of most folks...
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• shaddup

Comment

• You are learning well from the master...
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                  .......Being in academia myself, I travel, lecture, and present a good bit.......
                  Oh, geeze. I can now include you, along with lawyers and other bottom feeding humans, among my list of most disliked professionals.

Academics are good at wearing silly robes, hats and neck adornments and prancing around at graduation ceremonies. Not much else ........

Which reminds me of my daughter's graduation ceremony from VaTech several years back. Upon being seated for the benediction for grad students in attendance, probably about 75 of them all toll from the various programs, I was stunned that most of the seats, probably around 300 in the auditorium, were occupied by professors, assistant professors and their strap-hangers.

I had to ponder the cost of keeping these folks on the payroll while associating that cost with the 500% increase in the cost of tuition over the last decade or so.

Academics ...... harrumph.
                  Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• ...so...what are you trying to say...
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• 3. No, nationally they are thought of well in academia. Being in academia myself, I travel, lecture, and present a good bit and we talk of such things. While you may counter "that's anecdotal" -keep in mind, reputation rankings in those rankings like niche.com (lol) also are anecdotal. Anyway. Read what I wrote on undergrad programs again. Hell, read it twice. When you are able to undestand it, reply.
                      I've read that, and I'm sure that a good student who chooses Alabama will get about as much out of his undergraduate curriculum as someone who matriculates at UM. BUT, and this is something you should understand as a member of academia, Alabama brings in more highly ranked football players, and thus has a generally better football team than UM. UM brings in more highly rated students than Alabama and turns out more highly rated graduates. You will always attack the source, but Forbes is a pretty reliable source, as is USNWR (but you don't like that one). Alabama is in the range of the 200th best college or university in the country. That is simply the statistically correct analysis.

Just as Alabama starts with 5* players in football, UM starts with more 5* students. Just as Alabama turns out national championship teams (because of the inputs), UM turns out a lot of academic successes (also because of inputs).

And please remember that this thread is called Hating on the $EC, Mostly Alabama (but some Georgia). If you take up the cause of defending the 200th best university in the country in the country in terms of academic success, don't be surprised if someony else, given the thread, takes you to task for it.

Until then I am losing patience with you. I have not been feeling well of late and because of that I do not suffer fools with my usual affability.
                      You are usually affable and logical, that is true. But don't call me a fool when the whole country knows that the SEC is dirty (in football) at a whole different level than the B10 or the Pac-12.

Comment

• SEC? Dirty? WTF?
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Oh, geeze. I can now include you, along with lawyers and other bottom feeding humans, among my list of most disliked professionals.
                          You calling me an academic???? Shit, I'm a real estate developer, one step above a used car salesman.

Comment

• Geezer,

I just read an article about you. A large number of anonymous sources from around the country say that you are a cock-gobbling fucktard and should be put down like Ol' Yeller.

Do you accept this hard evidence?

(Not going back and forth with you until you grasp some basic concepts. I can tell you again but I can't understand it for you).
                            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                              Oh, geeze. I can now include you, along with lawyers and other bottom feeding humans, among my list of most disliked professionals.

Academics are good at wearing silly robes, hats and neck adornments and prancing around at graduation ceremonies. Not much else ........

Which reminds me of my daughter's graduation ceremony from VaTech several years back. Upon being seated for the benediction for grad students in attendance, probably about 75 of them all toll from the various programs, I was stunned that most of the seats, probably around 300 in the auditorium, were occupied by professors, assistant professors and their strap-hangers.

I had to ponder the cost of keeping these folks on the payroll while associating that cost with the 500% increase in the cost of tuition over the last decade or so.

Academics ...... harrumph.
                              Jeff, I was a VP at a hospital, but decided to shape young minds when I got bored in retirement.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
                                You calling me an academic???? Shit, I'm a real estate developer, one step above a used car salesman.
                                I believe he was talking to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X