Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hating on the $EC - Mostly Alabama (and a little Georgia too)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• But, hey, at least we'll beat Mercer!
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Good piece by Brad Edwards:

Attrition has pushed Bama's defense toward the breaking point. While its bench is full of former top prospects, raw talent can't replace experience.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
        If Bama had two of the LBs we lost for the year back, I would be fairly confident. Compounding this, is our two best D-linemen are gimpy AF.

Saban uses the d-linemen to engage and neutralize the o-line and lets the LBs play clean-up. Gimpy DL means the o-line are getting to the LBs more than they have since 2007. With our more experienced LBs, they are able to slip and still make the play. Now, not so much. We have a true freshman playing who doesn't know the reads and god bless Keith Holcombe (special teams kid) who is a hard worker, but I am not sure he could slip past my elderly ass.

Oh, and it looks like our starting left OG is gonna miss the game with a high ankle. This game is gonna break my heart. I can tell it right now.
        A guy at mgoblog looked at Wisky's DL efficiency this season (not sure where these stats came from) at concluded that M's running backs should find getting to the Badger's 2nd level and beating their LBs a reasonable thing to expect. Here's what he said:

Something I found interesting: None of their (Wisconsin's) DL have a success rate (measures Offense success when that player made the tackle, meaning that the lower the number the better) below 34%. For comparison, our DL go 12.7% (Chase), 15.4% (Aubrey), 15.7% (Mo), and 17.4% (Gary). Our worst DL (Rashan Gary lmao) has nearly twice as good of a success rate as their best DL (Conor Sheehy).

My deduction: our RBs are going to get to the second level quite often. Have to like Evans and Higdon getting chances to make LBs miss.

My point is that if you're worried about Bama's DL hurting and starting LBs out, you should be ....... my take is much like talent's: Saban/Alabama will win, they always do.

I will say, a Bama loss does interject some chaos into the CFP scene. That's always fun. So, I guess, I'll be rooting for a Bama loss. Fun times.
        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• AA from your ESPN link:

It took a brilliant performance from QB Jalen Hurts to pull Alabama back from the brink and leave Starkville undefeated.

This is the thing. When you've got a QB that's as good as Hurts or jtb or Deshaun Watson (2016 season), a CFB team is never out of it. Well, jtb wasn't going to come back from that shit storm at Kinnick, but you get the point, and jtb did produce a comeback v. M in 2016 and PSU this year, both at home.

Maybe CFB is a bit less than a team effort than coaches always talk about that it is. One guy can make a big difference.
          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Saban wins and we have won this season. We wil be 11-0 entering the Iron Bowl. But we usually drop a game per season. Nick has had exactly one undefeated (full) season in his career (Bama, 2009). And while we amost always win, we have never had a unit decimated by this many injuries. Ever.

As Brad Edwards mentioned in the video above, we have given up more 5+ yard runs in the last two games than we have had in the previous 3 seasons.

We will fight hard and either end the regular season 12-0 or 11-1, so I can't cry too much in any event.

Comment

• sandbaggus southernhickus
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Arkansas AD (and CFP committee member), Jeff Long, was fired yesterday. This doesn't bode well for Bert.

Arkansas fired longtime athletic director Jeff Long on Wednesday. Long's dismissal puts the status of football coach Bret Bielema in some doubt.

Comment

• Whaddya mean I'm fired...
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Bert will land on his feet. He'll be OK.

The Illinois job will likely be open after 2018. It might make a good fit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                      Bert will land on his feet. He'll be OK.

The Illinois job will likely be open after 2018. It might make a good fit.
                      He will also get about $10 million or so in buy-out. That's a lot of McRibs.

Comment

• Wasn't Jeff Long mentioned as a potential replacement for Pizzaman?

Comment

• Pizzaman?

Comment

• Pizzaman
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• ...I heard Pizzaman was holding out for the Louisville job though...
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                                Pizzaman?
                                Former Michigan AD Dave Brandon -- previously known as the guy who ran Domino's for 15 years before embarking on a "we're sorry our pizza is shit" apology campaign.

Comment

Working...
                                X