Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hating on the $EC - Mostly Alabama (and a little Georgia too)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CGVT,

There were missed facemasks goung both ways. One missed for Bama and one missed for Georgia.

The refs also missed a roughing both ways, a personal foul on Bama and a hit out of bounds on Georgia. Buncha PIs, holds, and block in the backs missed both ways. Also missed a Georgia horsecollar.

In a game this close, any of those could have changed the game. It was fairly called. Or maybe the Big Ten regs wanted Bama to win.
    Last edited by AlabamAlum; January 9, 2018, 09:34 AM.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
      Congrats AA...State Runner-up...Division Runner-up...FBS Runner-up...the holy trifecta!
      Wiz,

Congrats on UCF's 6th place finish in the AP poll. And how far have the once-proud Mighty Huskerz sunk when they are living vicariously though UCF because Frost used to coach there. I can't even imagine. Yours is the greatest pain.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Let me rephrase.

The blatant facemask was a game changer.
        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Speaking of penalties.

Of all 130 teams in Division 1, do you know whose opponents are penalized LEAST? Shockingly, it's Bama. No team's opponents were penalized less in 2017.

Comment

• shocking
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
              Let me rephrase.

The blatant facemask was a game changer.

Both were blatant.

Officials miss things. It's a tough gig. 22 people crashing into each other at full speed. All in all, these Big Ten refs let them play. I had issues with a few no calls, but meh. It's football. It happens.

Comment

• Alabama...National Shampions
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• State Runner-up
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Division Runner-up
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                      shocking
                      Yeah. Maybe even refs have Bama fatigue.

Comment

• National Shampions
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I swear reading this thread I though goldie had given up on Carolina and was a football commentator

if bama would have lost that kicker should have just went right back to his native country --guarantee there would have been some threats

genius of saban gutsy to go with the fresh new arm --seems like a good kid--good scenw with him and his dad later

--I liked that coaches clicker channel on espn news--especially since they stayed on during commercials on espn most of the time

48 acts like a thug. not good they let him back on the field after that display on the bench. was a helluva tackle though but saban should have sent him to the locker room

congrats AA only nice of you to share your deep thoughts at 4am must be nice to be retired. I stayed up all night when the colts won and had to call in the next morning

Comment

• Alabama has 53 wins in the last 4 seasons.

The most in a 4 year span in CFB History.

RTR

Comment

• BTW, Other than the facemask call, I thought the game was called pretty well.

They blew the call on the blocked punt it was an obvious false start. Right guard and blocking back both moved early, but as AA said, it was a wash because Bama would just have had to punt again anyway.

I thought they should have thrown a flag when Bama's #30 slapped the GA player in the back of the head after the tackle, too. Both this no call and the facemask were critical and would have changed the game, but as The Nick is fond of saying, it is what it is.

Now since there is no doubt that Saban is the GOAT, can you Alabama fans quit wearing that stupid assed hounds tooth?
                              Last edited by CGVT; January 9, 2018, 09:50 AM.
                              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by crashcourse View Post
                                I swear reading this thread I though goldie had given up on Carolina and was a football commentator

if bama would have lost that kicker should have just went right back to his native country --guarantee there would have been some threats

genius of saban gutsy to go with the fresh new arm --seems like a good kid--good scenw with him and his dad later

--I liked that coaches clicker channel on espn news--especially since they stayed on during commercials on espn most of the time

48 acts like a thug. not good they let him back on the field after that display on the bench. was a helluva tackle though but saban should have sent him to the locker room

congrats AA only nice of you to share your deep thoughts at 4am must be nice to be retired. I stayed up all night when the colts won and had to call in the next morning
                                Apparently Saban was unaware if his sideline shenanigans. At least that's what ge said in the presser. The player in question is a 4th stringer relegated to special teams.

Comment

Working...
                                X