Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hating on the $EC - Mostly Alabama (and a little Georgia too)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thankfully the Committee uses RPI and not KenPom.

Last edited by AlabamAlum; February 11, 2018, 01:02 PM.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I'm sure whatever the NCAA uses it will work out for Alabama. IMO, RPI is hot garbage. And somehow they've made it worse with this Quadrant nonsense. Does anyone really think beating West Virginia or Alabama or Michigan at home is less impressive than winning at South Dakota State or East Tennessee State or Rider or....

...or is beating any of those shitass programs on the road actually equal to beating Purdue or Kansas or Villanova at home?
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Agreed. The RPI is very flawed. All of the metrics have issues. It's the nature of what they measure.

We will be one and done most likely. The most optimistic outlook is win 2 and flame out. We are too young and too flawed for a deep run. I know this, but I want us to make it because I like Avery. He needs to make the Dance to retain job security.
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• BTW, the Ohio State transfer at Bama is starting to improve and get good minutes. He is a whistle magnet, though.

Comment

• Heh, yeah. Well, the true freshman who is starting at the 5 for OSU this year picked up 4 fouls against Isaac Haas in the Purdue game in roughly the space of 3 minutes of court time. He's pretty good, though -- way better than Giddons.

Incidentally, the Genius of Holtmann opted to go with the big guy's 6'4" brother on Haas in the 2nd half -- and he only scored 2!

Comment

• Daniel Giddens looks like he should be all-everything. 6-11". Thick. Just can't make a basket.

Looks like he got good minutes at OSU.

Comment

• Yeah, he's a "first off the bus" guy. He's not a "first scoring option" guy.

Heh, speaking of which, my 4th/5th grade rec team had a game this week and the other team had two f'n giants. One kid had to be pushing 5'8" -- full goddamn neck and head taller than anyone we had. And he wasn't entirely awkward. And he could shoot, but he shot from from down around his chest (idiotic...someone needs to coach that up). Anywho, I told our "bigs" -- who are actually pretty good and athletic -- that we were going outrebound that oafish fuck and run his dumb fucking ass to dust. Not quite in those words. We did both and cruised home to a 20 point win.

The point being -- fuck you, AA.

Comment

• Hahaha

Comment

• the disadvantage of reading the goatpen is when you come back over here AA's post are all repeats

right now 7/10 big 12 teams in the dance

they are killing esach other off to the point I think texas tech might be the only legit shot for a top 4 see before all is said and done

KU is going down the shitter
                    could be 6 teams from the big 12 all not better then a 6 seed with tech threatening to run away with the title and squeeze into a possible 1 seed if you ask me. they are defensively as good as it gets

Comment

• I crossposted 3 posts, poltroon.

Comment

• the disadvantage of reading the goatpen
                        That's A disadvantage. It's not even in the top 100 disadvantages of reading TGP, however.

Comment

• how many forums? are your crossposts musings spread far and wide?

Comment

• watching puter carve up bluebloods with his world according to boortz brought me over to the pen but he's faded away and the goatpen is now rat infested

Comment

• Beat LSU last night. Crazy team.

Comment

• A lot of talent. A little raw.
                                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Working...
                                X