Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hating on the $EC - Mostly Alabama (and a little Georgia too)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Same.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Well, the NIT it is.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Not Invited Tournament

Comment

• Correct. We need a decent SEC Tourney run. The cocksuckers won't do that, Wu.

Comment

• I miss Swearingen.
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• i rewatched a few episodes last night to avoid the Oscars, and basketball (which is fucking dead to me now).

It was such a good show. Just great dialogue and casting. Seeing Ian McShane as Swearingen, it's hard to imagine any other actor in his spot.

Comment

• thought they were doing a movie

kstate in solid

our 9th place team beat KU twice and ttech when it was top 10 (okie state)

personally I think both OU and texas out but im sure ncaa wants that trae young starpower

Comment

• Trivia: McShane's father was a pro soccer player/coach/scout from Scotland.

He is Scottish, so ipso facto he is talented.

Comment

• Originally posted by crashcourse View Post
                    thought they were doing a movie

kstate in solid

our 9th place team beat KU twice and ttech when it was top 10 (okie state)

personally I think both OU and texas out but im sure ncaa wants that trae young starpower

Maybe in the Fall of this year: http://deadline.com/2017/11/deadwood...ys-1202206774/

Comment

• It was such a good show. Just great dialogue and casting. Seeing Ian McShane as Swearingen, it's hard to imagine any other actor in his spot.
                      In terms of sheer delight, the dialogue for Deadwood is the best, by far. It was just "good" in other areas, but there were easily 4-5 scenes per show that were mesmerizingly fucking fantastic.

Comment

• Oh, I completely agree. There were some plot holes and some meandering story arcs. But those 4-5 pieces of brilliancy made it must-see TV imo.

Comment

• One of the mistakes imo was killing off David Carridine as Wild Bill Hickok so soon. He only made appearances in a handful of shows. I would have loved to have seen them develop the character a bit more with him before his inevitable murder. It would have made it better.

The laudanum swilling widow got too much screen time, imo. And (Powers Boothe as) Cy Tolliver and Al Swearingen should have had more of a conflict/war.
                          Last edited by AlabamAlum; March 5, 2018, 10:10 AM.

Comment

• Yeah, they had numerous storylines that bored me. I think, in general, they should have avoided the idea of telling the story of the entire town and focused entirely on bigger picture plots. The side stories did nothing to advance any sort of overall coherent story (unlike, say, The Wire which wasted very few minutes of our time with extraneous bullshit).

Comment

• I watched like three episodes and I was bored.

Comment

• Hanni, give it a bit more time. It is worthwhile.

Talent: exactly. They needed a story line editor.
                                Last edited by AlabamAlum; March 5, 2018, 10:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X