Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hating on the $EC - Mostly Alabama (and a little Georgia too)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attached Files
    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Haha
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• That guy is great. Though, I guess I mean "biologic guy" -- he's probably a two-spirit gender-wise.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• This ain't no Shinzo Abe. PMJT knows how to shake a hand.

Comment

• what do you propose Jeff?

Comment

• I'm gonna go with 8-4 regular season with a lower level bowl win to repeat 8-5.

Do you think Harbaugh will manage better than that?

I don't.

I think he has significant deficits in managing game planning and a college football level staff to execute his dated plans in the modern era of CFB. i.e., even if he thinks his version of power-pro-style ball is a winning strategy, he lacks the organizational skills to select top assistants and manage then to make it so.
              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Better. The Oracle says way better.

Comment

• I disagree. I think he has a problem attracting top offensive talent because there's no path to promotion, and that's something he'll have to address. Ambitious young position coaches have nowhere to go but elsewhere. But I don't agree that the offense is dated or that he sucks at gameplanning. He was up 14-0 on OSU with John O'Korn, for chrissakes.

I think what we're seeing is that JH may have needed to readjust to the college game, and that's a process underway now. I think his in-game decisionmaking is fair game for questioning, but not the Monday-Friday stuff. I still think the most likely outcome is that he builds a great program. Not a monster program, and very well maybe not one that can compete with Alabama and OSU. He'd have to be a better coach than those teams' coaches, given Michigan's approach to compliance. I don't see that happening. But I think we'll get a team that wins at a high level and we'll get a championship before he's done.

Comment

• Maybe ..... I think the reality is that in the East osu and PSU will surpass M overall and that BT and OOC teams playing the edges of modern CFB will beat M on the regular. I also think Dantonio is a better coach than Harbaugh is with regard to optimizing what MSU traditionally recruits and at the recruiting level at which M now recruits.

In the West, I think there is the potential for two to three solid teams that in cross league play will also challenge M and also beat them on the regular. Wisconsin and Nebraska are two of the three.

To me that equates to 4-6 losses per season, every season and that is going to be a very difficult hill to climb over. I think we've seen M as a middling to below average football program for the last decade and Harbaugh has not and will not likely going forward separate himself and the program sufficiently to turn things around over the time frame that I'm willing, and I suspect a whole lot of other M football fans are willing, to keep watching.
                    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Why is this on the SEC thread?
                      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Haha
                        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• M is talented enough to win 10+, that schedule might prevent it from happening and M NEEDS Shea. 9-3 is more likely.

Comment

• The B10 East is going to be a slaughterhouse. I don't think anyone runs the table. I fully expect M to have their say in the race.

That said, the fact that it's all contingent on a transfer QB is a really bad look for HARBAUGH!!!!! The QB Whisperer in his FOURTH season.

Comment

• Jeff, what do you propose as stakes for the bet? Also you say 8-4 regular season with a bowl win 8-5. Is it a bowl win or a bowl loss?

Comment

• Sorry - its a win and 8-5 is wrong; final w/l record including the bowl will be 9-4.

I'll go with a repeat - steak dinner in Indy.

Comment

Working...
                                X