Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hating on the $EC - Mostly Alabama (and a little Georgia too)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, I was aiming for only American Generals from the War to Suppress Southern Treason, but Halftrack certainly epitomizes the Alabama schedule.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• General Barnaky from the movie Stripes was no slouch...
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
        Louisville was never good. Except that one year they trashed Alabama in the Fiesta Bowl in the 90s.

Alabama's schedule is horrific. To put it in terms the Conquered People understand, their OoC and Crossovers are like playing Generals Pope, Burnside, Rosecrans, McClellan, Buell and Butler.
        Nah.

Since the year 2000, they are #18 in win percent. Which is better than Michigan, Nebraska, Penn State, and a few others of note.

They have had five really solid teams in that time.

2001 11-2
        2004 11-1
        2006 12-1
        2012 11-2
        2013 12-1

The bulk of the other years are 8-4/7-5 type years. But yeah, the OOC took a hit when Lamar left. Hopefully the SEC won't drag us down, too.
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• All those seasons they were like Boise -- nice team playing in a total shit conference. They haven't lost fewer than 4 since joining the ACC. They're a middling ACC team. I mean, sure, they're the best OoC Alabama plays and probably way better than the two SEC East shitholes you play, but meh.

I doubt Penn State is preening about over scheduling Pitt. Then again, they're irrational asshats, so maybe they are.

Incidentally, Boise is #1 in winning percentage since 2000, ahead of Alabama, Ohio State and a few others of note.

Comment

• They are decent. In the ACC, they are usually 2nd or 3rd in their division. Decent.

Yeah, since 2000, includes all of Shula and some a year of Dubose. So, Bama drops way down.
            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• You know, if you spent less time defending Louisville then I might not have to provide the chess updates around here. Prioritize, Dilltard.

Comment

• Louisville in the B1G would be? Iowa? Northwestern?

Comment

• They could only be Iowa if they beat Ohio State by 31.

Also, lmao at the chess updates.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                    They could only be Iowa if they beat Ohio State by 31.

Also, lmao at the chess updates.
                    So UCF would be SEC Champs?
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Speaking of chess, Talent, did you see my post about AlphaZero?

Comment

• I saw it

didn't alphazero beat bamazero in 4 moves?

Comment

• I award you 3.2 Internet sass points.

Comment

• my all time high

Comment

• Besting your previous high by 3.2

Comment

• Thanks Mister Oblivious
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X