Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hating on the $EC - Mostly Alabama (and a little Georgia too)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So this will be the 4th different QB in the last 4 seasons and you either win the NC or challenge for it every year. I hate you guys.

Comment

• Agree with Hannibal. McCarron was by far the best.

Comment

• Yeah, AJ was best, no doubt. And he is earning a check as a back-up in the NFL. Probably will for a while.

Coker was picked up on some squad as an UDFA and Blake was with the CFL. I don't know if either got cut.

McElroy was easily our smartest QB. He read defenses like an OC. Made up for a lot of his physical deficits. He made the team for a season with the Jets and went to the broadcast booth with the SEC-N. John Parker Wilson made a team with the Falcons but spent most of his 5-year career on NFL practice squads.
        Last edited by AlabamAlum; August 23, 2016, 02:47 PM.
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
          So this will be the 4th different QB in the last 4 seasons and you either win the NC or challenge for it every year. I hate you guys.
          Saban's system isn't built around the need for an all-star QB. Just have to be smart, risk averse, and do your assignment.
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• The team the team the team
            Last edited by UMStan White; August 23, 2016, 02:59 PM.

Comment

• Bama's RB tandems under Saban:

2007: Terry Grant and Glen Coffee
              2008: Glen Coffee and Mark Ingram
              2009: Mark Ingram and Trent Richardson
              2010: Mark Ingram and Trent Richardson
              2011: Trent Richardson and Eddie Lacey
              2012: Eddie Lacey and TJ Yeldon
              2013: TJ Yeldon and Kenyan Drake
              2014: TJ Yeldon and Derrick Henry
              2015: Derrick Henry and Kenyan Drake

This year will be Bo Scarbrough and Damien Harris. Bo is a beast, and had a higher ypc than anyone last year, including Henry, but that was in very limited mop-up duty. And this is the first year that the chain is broken: the RB1 this year is not the RB1 or RB2 from the previous year. Tabula rasa.

Comment

• McCarron was overshadowed by a larger-than-life coach with a reputation for defense. His 2012 numbers were Heisman-worthy and he could have won it under different circumstances.

Comment

• Damien Harris. Jesus forgot about him. You could take all of Hoke's decommits and turn them into a NC team.

Comment

• Wonder how engineering school is going for him?

Comment

• That was Hand.

Comment

• WRs of Note from Bama under Saban:

Kevin Norwood (Carolina Panthers)
                        Julio Jones (Atlanta Falcons)
                        Richard Mullaney (Houston Texans)
                        Amari Cooper (Oakland Raiders)
                        DeAndrew White (San Francisco 49ers)

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                          Damien Harris. Jesus forgot about him. You could take all of Hoke's decommits and turn them into a NC team.

I like him a lot. Reminds me of a faster Mark Ingram.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
                            That was Hand.

Hand is likely a solid second team DT this this year. But with the way we rotate, he will get tons of snaps. I think he'll get his NFL ticket punched before it's over.

Comment

• Hand made some news a bit back when he b nched 225lbs 42 times (more than anyone in the 2015 NFL combine).

He has the tools. He's very quick for his size.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                                Hand is likely a solid second team DT this this year. But with the way we rotate, he will get tons of snaps. I think he'll get his NFL ticket punched before it's over.
                                Second team DT? I realize it's 'Bama that's a bit of a letdown from being the #1 overall recruit in his junior year, isn't it?

Comment

Working...
                                X